gaining weight

Options
so basically i havent been exercising for like 2 3 weeks and i have been eating alot but i havent been over my calorie intake so will i gain weight because i am starting to feel like i am and i think the scales r starting to show that i am (im just eating the wrong foodse.g. carbs all the bad things that make u gain weight)

Replies

• tp7even
    Options
    i was 14 n half stone now im 15 stone i dont no if the scales r broke or whatever
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If your settings are dialed in correctly and you don't have any metabolic disorder, then no, you will not gain weight by eating at your calorie target and not exercising.
  • lucylou9701
    Options
    If your settings are dialed in correctly and you don't have any metabolic disorder, then no, you will not gain weight by eating at your calorie target and not exercising.

I dont know about that.... if you are sitting down and eating double big macs then it could be a number of factors. It could be that you have some water retention from eating too much sodium meaning drink TONS of water. You could do like a master cleanse where you only eat good stuff for a week no cheats to get rid of the bad food in your system... just a suggestion :) otherwise just get back on the healthy train and it should come right back off :)
  • tp7even
    Options

I dont know about that.... if you are sitting down and eating double big macs then it could be a number of factors. It could be that you have some water retention from eating too much sodium meaning drink TONS of water. You could do like a master cleanse where you only eat good stuff for a week no cheats to get rid of the bad food in your system... just a suggestion :) otherwise just get back on the healthy train and it should come right back off :)

yeah i think im going to do that just eat good food for the week because ive been eating crap for the past 3 weeks
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Being healthy and gaining/losing weight are two different things.

If you eat nothing but big macs or do "cleanses", then yeah, it may be hard or impossible to stay healthy.

But eating a balanced diet around your TDEE, and not exercising will keep you about the same weight. Though your body composition will likely start to shift to a higher body fat %.