Hello

Options
I'm a 59 Year old RN in Portland Oregon. Trying to lose my "Covid 10." Also, I'm a runner who has developed a knee issue, and every ounce counts when it comes to getting back to running. Tired evening snacking is my downfall.

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have a "Covid XXX" to lose too.

I started gently running five months ago. An old tibia stress fracture is there, and I know all of my excess weight and as the clock ticks by, it becomes more of a risk for re-occurrence.

It's anxiety inducing, yes. I think my mindset has got to be 'keep going.' Not in a destructive way, but keep going and maybe reduce that and increase this, or modify that and start doing this...etc.

Free advice: Make an addition "Tired evening snacking" category in your food diary, and deeply commit to logging that. Even if you don't log anything else, get every last "Tired evening snack" entered into you daily log. Your rational mind will become your allies as you go over your diary.
  • blantonjm197
    blantonjm197 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on the weighloss journey. Add me as a friend if you’d like encouragement along the way. When I drop some weight I hope to get back into running.