Time it takes for skin to tighten

Options
Hey everyone,

I have never been extremely overweight. I came on here to lose 20-30lbs which is mostly vanity weight and to get rid of some extra fat from not working out for a while. I currently do a lot of running and some circuit training.

But my question is about the skin on my stomach. I have lost weight from the area but the skin is not "taught" or "tight." I am only 23 so I was wondering if it just takes some time. My stomach has never bulged out and I have never had a belly but the skin has always been very soft. I have lost 17lbs in three months so that is how much time I have given it so far.

Has anyone else lost around this amount of weight? How long did it take for your skin to tighten, or did it?

Replies

• tappytaptap
    Options
    There are lotions and creams you can buy that will help to make your skin more firm. Vasaline makes one that works quite well and is pretty cheap :)
  • kimberlygo
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I lost about 40 lbs. I'd love to know. Right now I'm using Suave firming lotion.
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Hmm, maybe I'll look into the firming lotions. I was never sure if they really worked.
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    Nothing has worked for me. I have just had to learn to love me as I am. So far, I am a work in progress.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I honestly think it is just a matter of how your own skin reacts to losing the weight.

For me, the ONLY place I have any extra skin is on my belly - it isn't a lot, but it is there. I've had 2 kids and lost 60lbs total, plus I am 36 yrs old. So, I don't expect it to ever totally go back down.

I think keeping yourself hydrated and hydrating your skin from the outside (lotion) will help, but there isn't a magic cream or anything to make it better. Time and your own genetics will determine if it returns completely to normal or not.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I honestly think it is just a matter of how your own skin reacts to losing the weight.

For me, the ONLY place I have any extra skin is on my belly - it isn't a lot, but it is there. I've had 2 kids and lost 60lbs total, plus I am 36 yrs old. So, I don't expect it to ever totally go back down.

I think keeping yourself hydrated and hydrating your skin from the outside (lotion) will help, but there isn't a magic cream or anything to make it better. Time and your own genetics will determine if it returns completely to normal or not.

This is spot-on.
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I don't have much time to write, so can more later. Creams? No no no. I am sure they might help but all those chemicals going into your largest organ?!?!? NO THANK YOU!

Dry brushing! Google it! I do it every day and not only does it feel great, you get the smoothest skin ever (all my friend's are amazed i don't use lotion) it get your lymphatic system up and moving, helps removes toxins and tightens skins. You should notice a difference in 30 days, but really 60 and 90 is AMAZING!