I'm Trying Again

Hello. I'm Lea. I've been struggling with my weight since I was 13, and now I'm 25. I'm hoping to change my mindset about food, I'm always thinking about food. And now that I'm in my mid 20s, I feel like I'm suddenly gaining weight much easier than usual. I've tried to lose weight before but somehow always gave up after a couple weeks. Well I'm hoping a community like this will help me not give up and finally break my unhealthy habits.

Lowkey it's the fact that I've been trying to change my habits for literally 12 years now and I've struggled so bad that hurts even more than the being overweight. I've talked to therapists about it and they basically tell me to do something else instead...which yeah but that doesn't always help.

Anyway enough with the dramatic. It would be really cool to make friends. I am a fan of movies, TV shows, and video games. I also really like cats. I like writing and art and knitting. I'm a college student studying biology. I really enjoy long walks and dancing. I'm hoping to adopt a cat soon. I plan to treat it like a prince/princess. I used to have cats, I grew up with two of them. They died around the same time a little over a year ago. I'm ready for a new one, and I plan to name my new cat after a quote from my favorite TV show.

Nice to meet yall. Bye!

Replies

• talk2lisalynn
    talk2lisalynn Posts: 3 Member
    I know how exhausting it is to think about food all the time. I’ve found that if I do things that really bring me joy, that can help me redirect my thinking. Keep going! And I agree; cats are awesome!