110 to lose

Options
68 yrs young. fat for 30 yrs at least
goal to lose 110 lbs. haven't set a time frame. 110 wks ???

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,866 Member
    Options
    That seems pretty realistic . . . but as I said in my longer post on your other thread, I'd suggest focusing on the process, and on sustainable new eating/activity habits.

Weight loss tends to happen on its own time scale, and with 110 to lose, that will be a substantial time period, realistically. For many or most of us, even when we find the right process for ourselves, there tends to be a bit of up and down on the scale (mostly water fluctuation) along the way, and it's the trend over multi weeks that really matters.

On top of that, many of the health and well-being benefits of weight loss begin happening along the way, so it's not a matter of waiting for goal weight to see good things happening in one's life.

Wishing you success!
  • MzHyde1334
    MzHyde1334 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, new person to the group. I have been on MyFitnessPal since Jan 1. I got sick and couldn’t keep food down. After that i had no desire for food. I was feeling horrible and gotten to the point that it was hard to get my pants and shoes on. While i was at the point of having no desire for food i took advantage of it and starting packing my lunch (keto friendly, sugar free, and healthier eating) also. I ended up loosing 29 lbs and i felt so good. Then Easter happen and it has gone downhill since. I feel bad again. I can put on my pants and shoes but i am back in pain . I have ended up gaining 14 lbs back. I am so disappointed in myself. I am 57 years old, been divorced twice , work hard and now here i am feeling like crap again. I have no energy again and feel like a failure. I am trying to get back on top of things but it has gotten so hard again. I dont know what to do to get my spirits back up and get back on track.
  • klc54321
    klc54321 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    looking for a slight loss in the beginning. can't reset the apps total daily calories as it's not working.
  • eelary
    eelary Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @MzHyde1334 I feel you on this 100%! I have tried and failed so often that I basically gave up for the last 5 years and ballooned. I think the biggest key is the mental and emotional kindness you give yourself.
    Someone recently gave me a mantra - Stop. Think. Decide.
    Once you’ve made your decision to eat something healthy or something you are craving that is more of a temptation food, just do it and move on. Don’t go through the guilt and the shame, just say “I decided to do that and now I’ll move on.”
    If you veer off course, just decide to correct, don’t beat yourself up. If you’re like me, I used to feel awful and then just snowball myself off of the healthy eating all together and eat my feelings about eating my feelings lol.
    I am trying a new plan with this new mantra!
    Happy to be friends if you want to cheer each other on. 👍