Juicing

Options
Hi, I just started and I love the website, I'm in for the long haul. Well, I also started juicing which I think I really like however, I didn't realize how many calories can be consumed when you juice fruit, so I will fall back going forward and be a little more careful but the carrots, grapes and apples were so good. I am a juicer for life, can't wait to try mangos and plums. Hope everyone has a great rest of the week and be strong over the weekend. :drinker:

Replies

• Chinuahawk
    Options
    I just started juicing as well and I'm looking forward to the journey. Today was a little tough but I'm almost through day 1!
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Try and juice more vegetables. While leafy greens don't produce much juice, they are packed with nutrition and are easily disguised by using fruits fruits. I tend to really love spinach and broccoli but love to experiment with chard and kale. My all time favorite is cucumbers though. Lots of juice and makes everything taste so refreshing. Enjoy!
  • beach127
    Options
    Hi, so what fruits are good to mix with the green veggies??
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started and I love the website, I'm in for the long haul. Well, I also started juicing which I think I really like however, I didn't realize how many calories can be consumed when you juice fruit, so I will fall back going forward and be a little more careful but the carrots, grapes and apples were so good. I am a juicer for life, can't wait to try mangos and plums. Hope everyone has a great rest of the week and be strong over the weekend. :drinker:
    I seriously don't get concerned with the juicing only because it is fabulous nutrients you are giving your body. I would also think about adding a little more veggies to the juice to help. It will spike the sugars that is for sure- but I did a juicing detox and that was all I consumed for 30 days- It did wonders for my health!
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    try granny smith apples w/ spinach- you will hardly tell the spinach flavor- also if you like the taste of celery- that is good with this. I also put carrots in almost every juice I make.
  • beach127
    Options
    Thanks!!!!!!
  • Cseemo
    Cseemo Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I'll NEVER stop Juicing! The health benefits are amazing...check out the movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" -- it will INSPIRE you to juice -- if Jack Lalanne never did :wink: