Tired of eggs for breakfast... Need breakfast ideas.

Options
Sewhike
Sewhike Posts: 7 Member
Tired of eggs for breakfast. What else so I don't have to resort to cereal.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Anything you want
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I almost never eat breakfast, but when I do it's frequently leftovers. The universe will not implode if you don't eat what is commonly regarded as an American-style "breakfast" food. Eat whatever you want.
  • kjso_fit
    kjso_fit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have protein overnight oats when i need a change from eggs. Could also have protein powder mixed in greek yoghurt with fruit
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and fruit(mix it up: apple, mixed berries, mango, banana, etc)
    Rice cake with pb and banana
    Cottage cheese with fruit or tomato
    Avocado and hummus toast
    Protein coffee smoothie w banana
    Coffee and protein bar
  • daweezer
    daweezer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I totally agree- any food you want can be eaten anytime. I worked nights for 17 years and still frequently have salad and / or vegetable soup for breakfast… it helps me get servings of vegetables in early in the day as well… I often throw in some fresh fruit in my salad… have a slice of toast and I think it’s awesome.
    I am glad to find this section in MFP- I have been searching for “people”! … I am new here - again, after a few years away.
  • Creirwy
    Creirwy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hope you realize that being sick of eggs or sick of food is a hugely positive thing! It means you're not that hungry, not enslaved by some overwhelming craving, probably ready to drop some weight/loss some fat. TAKE THE WIN! Don't look for trouble. Be Happy! You are in a place where you can make sensible decisions. Have some lemon water and watch some Andrew Huberman. Plan your break-fast later. Log your fast. You have an app for that? Get a workout in.

Figure steak or pork and eggs. Right? I like a bowl of chicken broth, soup, with scallions, maybe some greens, maybe sliced pork or chicken. Something warm and light-ish almost every day. Or make a "cheeseburger pie" with coconut flour pancake batter. That's excellent cold right out of the fridge. It doesn't even need the actual cheese. Just ground beef and onions. Ketchup optional. Or do breakfast sausage if you want that vibe. But too much variety will keep you hooked on eating and trying new things that start to add up. Best to be a bit bored.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,013 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    guacamole on toast
    cheese toast
    yogurt with fruit and granola
    banana with peanut butter
    peanut butter on a whole wheat waffle
  • davidmassa516
    davidmassa516 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This morning I had 1 cup of skyr which is like a high-protein version of yogurt. Had with 2/3 cup of Kind Protein Granola.

I love my eggs though. 2 eggs over medium with 2 slices of 40 cal Schmitts 647 toast with sriracha & ketchup. Maybe 1 serving of chicken or turkey sausage on the side. Delish.
  • kramerkacie
    kramerkacie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    fhdmd8k60vam.png
    I use this recipe and love it, you can add vanilla protein powder to it too
  • LarryLorenz
    LarryLorenz Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I guess I’m not the only one who is tired of eggs. I’ve tried like every combination of eggs and I just can’t deal with them any longer.

Also oatmeal makes me feel too full. Almost like I have a brunch in my stomach
  • BevTony
    BevTony Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My sisters laugh because I rarely eat breakfast foods for breakfast. 1/2 of a turkey sandwich, salad, leftovers, etc. At the end of the day my diary shows my nutrition regardless of what I ate. Make breakfast what you want it to be.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Prosciutto and mozzarella cheese (paninos), with a Cherry Coke Zero (16 0z bottle size.)

Protein pancakes!
  • gagliardifour
    gagliardifour Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Quinoa with fruit, nuts, and a dash of cinnamon (depending on the season I will switch up the fruit like apples in the fall, berries in summer, etc.)

Greek yogurt with blueberries and walnuts

Kodiak power cakes

Dave’s English muffin with avocado and sun dried tomatoes

I’m not big on eggs so when I do prepare them I do a lot of add ins to the point that the egg isn’t the star of the meal but more like a scrambled little topping.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,921 Member
    Options
    Tired of eggs! impossible. Cheers
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, protein shake, protein pancakes. bacon, sausage, fruit
  • mnhughes22
    mnhughes22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of roasted mushrooms and a tomato salad (diced fresh tomatoes, a couple of ounces of diced fresh mozzerella, and a drizzle of baslamic vinegar - I'd add a little italian herbs or smilar spice mix of your choice)

English muffin, toasted, with stone ground mustard and sliced turkey.

Cottage cheese and diced tomatoes.

Fruit Smoothy - I use keifer as a base it's like a mix between yogurt and milk, with all those nice probiotics. Really easy to keep on hand with frozen fruit too.

I like taking diced apples and cooking them up with a little butter and cinnamon mix and putting it on top of fresh oatmeal.

Bagel with lox and a small arugula salad.

Hummus with veggies (I prefer sliced cucumbers and carrots), and a small fruit salad. - I normally get plain store bought hummus and I doctor it up based on what I'm feeling each day. Some days I do a drizzle of olive oil, some minced garlic, or you could do a little muffalatta olive topping, or somedays I'll add a thai spicy garlic chili paste to kick up the heat a bit.
  • MadgeL26
    MadgeL26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try plain oatmeal! It’s tasty and extremely healthy. All you do is take half a cup of Quaker Oats, one cup of water, put both in a bowl, and microwave for around three minutes. After that, you can just eat as is or add fruit (bananas are one of my favorites). You can also add a pinch of cinnamon and salt.
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My favourite breakfasts:

- McCann’s quick cooking oatmeal, when I can find it, with fresh fruit in season (right now, peaches)
    - Granted this includes an egg: fry up an egg with salt and pepper, put it on the slightly browned side of a tortilla you’re sautéing in the same pan along with two tablespoons of refried beans, some sliced red onion, a few sliced black olives and cherry tomatoes, and an ounce of cheese, fold tortilla and flip over. So delicious, under 400 calories.