Five years ago I ate half a hamburger….

Options
Annie42019
Annie42019 Posts: 85 Member
…instead of the whole thing ( half the fries too) and started my weight loss journey while on vacation. I was on a cruise and finally owned up to the fact that I was 65 pounds over a heathy weight. Did I want to be like all those people who could barely move? No. So I started cutting my meals in half. As soon as I got home I looked into weight loss programs. Tried Weight Watchers for a few days but was turned off by what I felt were the “ game the system” stuff I saw on the WW message boards. I turned to MFP and lost 70 pounds on 10 months and another 5 over the next few months. I have KEPT it off by calorie counting and portion control. And last night we went out to dinner and I had half a burger and half the fries….coming full circle!

Replies

• lacylucy1935
    lacylucy1935 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that is what I do. I also look at it and think am I really hungry, is it worth it, no one will take it away. I can come back later...just paying attention to your feeling... I have keep mine off too, just would like to shave off another 10!!
  • Victoryanrose
    Victoryanrose Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Inspiring, keep going.
  • GigiDeborah
    GigiDeborah Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Whatever he looked at, whatever he thought about, it all seemed to him bright, joyous, and happy. He thought about his farming, and thought that it was all going well, that the furnishing of his house was all the heart could desire—there was enough of everything and all of it good; he looked at his wife, and she seemed to him lovely, kind, and gentle. He was delighted by the glow in the east, and the young grass, and his squeaking chaise, and the kite. . . .

How beautiful. I checked out your link to the story and had a little cry. Absolutely wonderful to think of life this way rather than how a lot of us (me!) think. More more more. That's why I'm a fatty! Thank you so much for this.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    what a great story.. and a visual.. easy for anyone to do what you did.. just eat half. So doable and eaiser than "don't eat it at all." ha!
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I like that idea! Great job. Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!