Biggest Loser Competition for Walmart Gift Card!!

Options
Ok, I mean so we all want to lose weight correct?? Hi, my name is Michael and I am currently 6'2 and 235 which isnt that bad at all but...I can do much better..my goal is 185..I feel like its a very healthy weight for myself...

So, what I want to do is run a competition that is easy to track...you may either weigh in here each week, or preferrably in the email list that I will send out weekly...and for such good compeition there must be a prize!! So I am going to give the winner a $25 dollar Walmart Gift Card..

Rules:
1. Weigh in once a week, weigh in will be Friday-Saturday, you will have 48 hrs to weigh in ( either on here or the email )
2. Results will be emailed and posted in this thread every Sunday with a leaderboard...
3. Whoever has lost the most weight ( calculated as a percentage of weight lost ) between 9/25/2011 and new years will win a $25 dollar walmart gift card..

To sign up please respond to this thread with:
Your Name:
Your Starting Weight
Your Target Weight

Lets have some fun with this and good luck!! and feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• Shannoncore
    Options
    Your Name: Shannon Core
    Your Starting Weight 183 :(
    Your Target Weight 145
  • TSE1123
    TSE1123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    count me in!
    Teresa Erickson
    sw 209
    tw 175 ( for competition) ultimate GW 135
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Forum Rules

9) For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, instant messenger ids, etc

:huh:
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hello babyshaq!

Count me in!!!

My name is Shirley

Sw. 197.8
    Targeted weight is 180
  • asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Count me in

Your Name: Amber Verbeek
    Your Starting Weight: 225
    Your Target Weight: 150

Yay!! Can't wait!! This might be my 'motivation'
    I'm very competitive, so this will give me a tonne of motivation
    Thanks!!
  • wehomic2
    wehomic2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea. Count me in. I'm Michael and I'm 5' 10"

Starting weight today: 187
    Target weight: 174
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am deleting the e-mail address posted here. I would note 2 things. 1. the OP did not provide you with his Email. 2. We have a PM system that works quite well on MFP and is safe.

9) For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, instant messenger ids, etc

MFP does not authorize any contests or promises of prizes.

Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator
  • MichaelAnthony122
    Options
    OK I suppose you need to PM your email then...I wasn't trying to break any rules, just trying to lose some weight and have fun doing so in a motivational contest...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    I know I wouldn't give out my email to a stranger on the internet....good luck with that.
  • MichaelAnthony122
    Options
    I know I wouldn't give out my email to a stranger on the internet....good luck with that.

then you don't have to...emails literally are meaningless...I can go to yahoo create an email with entirely bogus information..if you put your real information in your email profile then i guess thats your own risk..
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options

then you don't have to...emails literally are meaningless...I can go to yahoo create an email with entirely bogus information..if you put your real information in your email profile then i guess thats your own risk..

But at some point, whoever "wins" will have to give you their actual address, right?
  • MichaelAnthony122
    Options

But at some point, whoever "wins" will have to give you their actual address, right?

I guess you never shop on Amazon or Ebay..your address is displayed directly on the screen...but people don't realize is that their address is already multiple places on the web...whitepages.com ? ... the point of this was to be motivational and fun...anyways...you can email a gift card...doesn't have to be a physical card anymore..
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    we were told that doing something like this was wrong. . it's ridiculous, but supposedly that's the rules. . .