Need crockpot recipes!!

Options
mrsyac2
mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
My kids have sports on Thursdays and I have class on Mondays and Wednesdays and I need crockpot recipes that can be cooked while I'm gone all day. so when we get home dinner will be ready, Any recipes will be appreciated! Thanks in advance

Replies

• dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Beef Noodle

1 pound stew beef
    1 can low sodium beef broth
    1 jar mushroom slices drained
    1 package Au Jus sauce mix (in the gravy mix isle)
    Worchishire Sauce to taste
    Egg Noodles (I use No Yokes)

put everything but the noodles in the crock and heat on low for 6-7 hours add noodles about 10 minutes before serving.

Swiss Steak

1 pound stew beef
    1 can petite diced tomatoes
    1 bag baby carrots
    1 onion sliced
    salt and pepper to taste.

cook all ingredients in on low 6-7 hours. Serve over brown rice.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    SLOW COOKER SHORT RIB RAGU

2 tsp veg. oil
    3 pounds boneless short ribs
    salt and pepper
    1 medium yellow onion, diced small
    1 large carrot, diced small
    1 28 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes
    2 sprigs oregano or rosemary

in large skillet, heat oil over med high. Season short ribs with salt and pepper. cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes total (can do all of this night before). Transfer ribs to a 5-6 qut slower cooker. Pour off all but 1 tsp fat from skillet and add onion and carrot. season with s & p and cook, stirring until vegetables are soft, about 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup juice from tomatoes, stirring and scraping up any browned bits from skillet with wooden spoon.

Tranfer vegetables and liquid to slow cooker and add tomatoes, breaking them up as you go. Add herb sprigs.
    Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours, until fork tender.

With slotted spoon, remove herb sprigs and transfer meat to cutting board. With a ladle or large spoon, skim fat from cooking liquid (you'll remove about 1 1/4 cups). With 2 forks, shred meat and return to cooking liquid. Serve immediately.

Recipe serves 6: nutritional values per serving: 461 calories, 33.1 g fat (14.2 g sat fat), 29.6y g protein, 7.9 g carb, 1.7 g fiber

Hope you enjoy!
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thank you Mrsyac2 for asking this.....these sound great!!!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    thank you
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I have the company's coming slow cooker cook book...the only thing i'm afraid of is that it doesn't give you sodium levels, calories, etc...i'm in desperate need of slow cooker recipes too...maybe i'll research tosca reno's clean eating websites and post some ideas on here....what do you think of the soup thread? we can throw some veggies and noodles in the crock pot and woooolllllaaaaa a feast :laugh:
  • LAdani
    LAdani Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is my personal favorite my mom made for us growing up.

Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup

1 (16 oz) package dried green split peas, rinsed
    1 meaty hambone, 2 ham hocks, or 2 cups diced ham
    2 carrots, peeled and sliced
    1 medium onion, chopped
    3 large cloves garlic, diced
    2 bay leaves
    ¼ cup fresh parsley or 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
    1 tsp kosher salt
    ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
    3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
    3 cups hot water

Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the order given. Do not stir. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours until peas are very soft and ham falls of the bone. Remove bones and bay leaves and stir after 9 hours.

Freezes well.

Serves 6.

Calories: 316
    Carbs: 52g
    Fat: 3g
    Protein: 27g