5.5 lbs IN 5 DAYS!

Options
I joined 5 days ago..was at 165...now....159.4!

I know.....it is all water....and I will go up and down...but, I am really psyched!

Replies

• KavemanKarg
    Options
    Dats GUD! Karg klaps! Keep dat up!
  • Ebbsies
    Options
    A loss is a loss IMO water or not so kudos mang! That's awesome! :D
  • brittbarnes
    Options
    I didn't lose weight that fast, but I do remember that first day putting all the calories in and then scrolling down to see I had eaten about 1000 more than I was supposed too. Talk about an AHA moment! Seeing that has helped me more than anything. Somedays its not so good, but its no where near what I used to be and the weight lose is slow, but steady.

Keep moving forward, its great motivation!
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya. I've lost 8.4 since last wed afternoon and as much as I acknowledge that its mostly water. I'm taking any loss at this point and celebrating it! Keep it up!
  • dcfl2012
    Options
    It is the best motivation for the remaining of your Weight Loss Journey ... Best of Luck!
  • deex18
    deex18 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    wel done u should be so proud of urself! feel free to add me!! ive ost 6.2 in two weeks!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    that's fabulous!
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi, I wonder what it means when it says if you ate like this for et. you would weigh etc...I haven't kept the food journal up as I keep my weight watcher tracker up but I know from tracking it that I stay around 1200 to 1350 calories and really don't lose any weight on that..I am 5ft 5in and weigh 146 lbs and go down 2 lbs but back up 2...any suggestions would be so appreciated....
  • LegzyK
    LegzyK Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    That's pretty awesome....I've been on almost a month and only lost 4 lbs, my friends are great & supportive, but i'm starting to feel discouraged :(
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Wtg great loss
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    People always say it's water. I don't think so. It's like when you go into your storage closet and the first stuff is more accessible. That's the last fat your body "put away" so, yeah, it comes out first. The rest is now more available because the first it gone! Now your going to clean the rest of your closet, figure out what to keep and put good stuff in:) Go you!! Those water people...they're jealous.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I have been here a week and have yet to loose a pound, but I also must of made a mistake with my cals... I do think I have them amended now... xx
  • Kathyfuka
    Options
    Thanks for all the kudos. Now...hubby has a much longer journey than I do. I am with him all the way. He and i are in this together and we will make it.

I do so much appreciate the kudos and the way to go's.......me reading all the comments has made him have a different outlook on things.

NOW! to get him to POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jefffuka is his screen name.....................please friend him.............TIA!
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    People always say it's water. I don't think so. It's like when you go into your storage closet and the first stuff is more accessible. That's the last fat your body "put away" so, yeah, it comes out first. The rest is now more available because the first it gone! Now your going to clean the rest of your closet, figure out what to keep and put good stuff in:) Go you!! Those water people...they're jealous.

It takes 3500 calorie deficit to lose a pound of fat, whereas water comes from everywhere in your body and is the first to go. I think that Kathy is on her journey to healthy eating and wouldn't have skimped on that many calories to lose fat.

Great work Kathy! I hope you and your hubby have much success on here.
  • mea9
    Options

It takes 3500 calorie deficit to lose a pound of fat, whereas water comes from everywhere in your body and is the first to go. I think that Kathy is on her journey to healthy eating and wouldn't have skimped on that many calories to lose fat.

Great work Kathy! I hope you and your hubby have much success on here.

While I understand the basic math I do think the body treats fat differently depending on when it was stored. You know how you’re under or right on calories for a week then, one cheat day of way over, and you lose 2lbs that stays off? The world is not flat and calorie calculation is not that simple. My 2 cents.
  • jnjbarrios
    Options
    Awesome keep up the good work! Are you following an exercise program?
  • marmay07
    Options
    Ive lost 8 pounds in just under 2 weeks. Great start everyone x
  • Kathyfuka
    Options

Basically the only exercise I get is cleaning the house, doing laundry, chasing the cats and normal chores around the house. I am an accountant...so, I sit everyday, all day..........and I work 70 hours per week. Not exactly any time to workout. However, when I clean, I do a deep cleaning on the house each and every time. (Hubby and I are also in the process of opening a cleaning company in the Greater Baltimore Area...and practicing around the house is good training!)....

I also wear 5 lb weights on my ankles when I am not a work. I think this also helps.

Hubby is NOT to the point where he can do strenuous work.....and this is a challenge.....but, we are working on it.

Thanks for asking.
  • mea9
    Options

Basically the only exercise I get is cleaning the house, doing laundry, chasing the cats and normal chores around the house. I am an accountant...so, I sit everyday, all day..........and I work 70 hours per week. Not exactly any time to workout. However, when I clean, I do a deep cleaning on the house each and every time. (Hubby and I are also in the process of opening a cleaning company in the Greater Baltimore Area...and practicing around the house is good training!)....

I also wear 5 lb weights on my ankles when I am not a work. I think this also helps.

Hubby is NOT to the point where he can do strenuous work.....and this is a challenge.....but, we are working on it.

Thanks for asking.
    If you start with walking and cleaning that's great. Have you thought about 30 day shred? 20min/day. If you don't exercise you can still lose weight but you'll just be thin;)
  • marmay07
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred? ive seen so many people saying there doing it? x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!