Your Opinion on HCG

Options
What do you think about the HCG diet only eating 500 calories? Is this a safe time?? I was thinking about getting on it but wanted to get some feedback reguarding it.

Replies

• voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    1. There's a really cool button at the top of the forums called "search". This will be your best friend, as this question is asked about 20 times a day and there is already a lot of information out there.

2. It's stupid, it's deadly, and you'll put all the weight back on after you stop.

3. Do you REALLY want to be ingesting pregnant women's urine all in the name of a quick fix?
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Not a fan off it. I saw that Walmart is now selling the 'non-hormone' formula. Makes me a little iffy. Just doesn't seem safe at all, but to each his/her own.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I do not think it is safe. 500 cal a day seems so low and unhealthy.
  • sheenades0804
    sheenades0804 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    thanks yall on the search area...Im still new to this so it helps greately :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    You'll find a lot of information on this site about this particular diet.

Diets don't work. Lifestyle changes do. The best way to lose weight is to eat less and move more. Plain and simple.

I can't see how injecting myself with a hormone that makes my body think it is pregnant when it is not and only eating 500 calories a day could possibly be healthy.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Bottled anorexia. The breakfast of idiots.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Im sorry but the HCG way does NOT reprogram a person's eating behaviors at all. To me, HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin - the hormone that signifies pregnancy), is yet another way for people to get out of having to make the necessary dietary changes and learn why they overeat.... Ive got bonafide medical conditions (rare) that caused my weight gain which is rendered me incapable of having anymore children.... and it requires a serious modification of my dietary intake.... and its WORKING!

HCG? How many ways can you say HELL NO!? lol
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I think I need a better meme for HCG. You also know this is made from pregnant lady urine? I'm guessing the wallmart stuff, you have to add your own.

22b78342-3209-4b71-9cee-e55047da389e.jpg
  • cutegymbug
    cutegymbug Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did the HCG diet and I lost 10 pounds, but have gained back all 10 and an additional 10 pounds. Don't do it! My metabolism is whacked. In three months, I have gained 20 pounds , while exercising daily and netting around 1000-1200 calories a day. This is why I started myfitnesspal yesterday. I am so frustrated and need to find a way to get my metabolism working again.:sad:
  • AsLiteAsAFeather
    Options
    I don't recommend it.

Tried it, lost 25 lbs in 30 days and then gained it all back and then some.

It reduces your metabolism drastically, not to mention the stress, anxiety and mood swings it adds.

I've never been pregnant but it felt worse than 24/7 PMS!

Now I'm back to basics, healthy balanced diet, slow and steady weight loss, working out and Yoga.
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I think I need a better meme for HCG. You also know this is made from pregnant lady urine? I'm guessing the wallmart stuff, you have to add your own.

22b78342-3209-4b71-9cee-e55047da389e.jpg

OMG! You so cracked me up with the Paula Dean pic! Love it!