How many people have personal trainers?

Options
My doctor said that my Cholesterol was too high right after my mother passed away due to a long battle with Breast Cancer and I decided that I need to do what ever it takes to become healthy so I have a personal trainer that I have hired to come to my house 5 days a week. Every morning I get up early to get ready for her because I know that she will knock on that door whether I am up or not. I have tried every other method of loosing weight and I just have to make sure i get up and work out ... work out properly and before I go to work. Between this great website and the trainer i am actually getting results this time.

Replies

• silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You've got this!!!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I am WAY too big of a wimp to get a personal trainer. So you're one up on me. Rock it!
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    Im sure i would benefit from one, however I cant afford one :-(
    you got this!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have, but only once a week. You are very lucky to be able to afford it, so hopefully that will be more motivation to make it count!

GG
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I am WAY too big of a wimp to get a personal trainer. So you're one up on me. Rock it!
    (me too)
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I too am finally able to get the results I want with the help of my trainer. I've lost weight in the past but this time it just wasn't working. I've learned so much working with him.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    i have a personal trainer and they are wonderful.

I see mine at a gym twice a month, but I'd love to see him more often if I could!
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I've been seeing a personal crossfit trainer. He's a coworker's brother, so he cuts me a deal. He kicks my butt on a regular basis, and most importantly teaches me proper form. I see so many people working out at the gym with terrible form and posture...not only is it not as effective, they could get seriously injured. I think everyone should work with a trainer at least once just to learn the right and wrong way to do things.
  • Juliane1986
    Juliane1986 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I was working with a personal trainer about once a week for the last couple of months, but now that I am getting closer to my goal and need to focus on toning and strengthening I realized I needed more help. I'm now working out with a trainer who has a great background in bodybuilding and he's fantastic. I've only been working out with him for a little over a week, but we're doing 3 days a week and then I come into the gym once myself (he sets me up with a workout that day) and I also do some workout classes for extra cardio at a studio near my home a couple of times a week. Results with this new trainer are pending since I just started working with him, but I find that I just do not push myself as hard when it's just me working out as I do when I have him encouraging me and also helping me to improve my form and posture with a lot of exercises along the way. He is an invaluable source of information (and believe me I have a lot of questions, which he's happy to answer). Hopefully I'll get the results I'm looking for...I'll be sure to update later!
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    Options
    I workout with a personal trainer and then she writes me up workouts to do during the time I'm not with her. I told her to be tough on me when we started and now I get an ear full if I don't keep my end of the workouts up. It's motivation because I do better if I have someone to be accountable to, it's way to easy to give myself excuses lol.
  • kimyettar
    Options
    Trainers are wonderful. Wish I could afford to get mine back. If I ever come into a large sum of money you better believe my trainer will be back.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    That sounds fantastic. I don't have the time or money for this at the moment, but I would love it.
    I would feel like a celebrity with my own trainer coming to the house!

PS. I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your mum. My mum just passed away after many years battling cancer and it takes a BIG toll on your mind and body.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    no..no need for one.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I do. I love my trainer and consistently try and fit it in my budget
  • finchase
    Options
    I have one. I can only afford 30 minutes twice a week, but he kicks my butt in that time. I don't know how long I'll be able to afford it, but it's one luxury that I feel that is really good for me. I'm trying to give up other things in order to keep working with him.
  • SAME HERE! I AM GIVING UP ON MANY THINGS TO HAVE THE TRAINER COME TO THE HOUSE 5 DAYS A WEEK, IT IS SO EXPENSIVE BUT I HAVE TO PRIORITIZE MY HEALTH RIGHT NOW. I AM HORRIBLE ABOUT HOW HARD I WORK WITHOUT HER.