Journey of weight loss

Options
I started out well lost 5 to 6 pounds gained 1 to 2 back. Trying to eat healthier and do cardio. Anything else since cant do gym cuz of surgery soon. Looking for friends to support.

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to lose the 5-6 pounds? The 1-2 pound regain could be just water, food still in your stomach from a recently eaten meal or having not gone to the bathroom before weighing (basically meaning it very well might not be fat.). You don't need to exercise to lose weight, so take it easy after your surgery and focus on adjusting your calories (you are counting calories... right???? If not, you should start).
  • ServeJesus2008
    ServeJesus2008 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I been counting them on this app for years. As for the lost of 5 to 6 pounds i believe it took me between 2 to 4 weeks. The surgery is for my wrists both have slow nerve from elbow to pinky. They think it pinched nerve.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    Granny-type advice, from experience: Eat at maintenance calories after surgery, for the acute period of healing (probably 4 weeks or so, but ask your doctor about healing rate for this specific thing).

We need calories for healing (may burn a small amount more at rest when significant healing is happening, even). We also need nutrition, especially but not exclusively adequate protein. Don't short-change that, especially if not severely obese (as it sounds like you're not). Time enough to lose these few pounds once you're healed. Avoiding gaining should be fine.

I kept up a calorie deficit after outpatient surgery (laparoscopic gallbladder removal), and came to be sorry I did it that way. I got weak and fatigued soon after - fortunately did heal OK - but the whole process and results would've been better if I'd eaten more while healing.

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what Anne said. Looks like you're doing good for the time being!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,711 Member
    Options
    Don’t forget you will very likely experience some water weight gain following surgery, as your body retains water for healing.

Don’t panic when that happens. It will pass off once selling and pain diminishes.