Weighing In....

Options
So when is YOUR best time to weigh in? This is my first week to the site, but thinking once a week, maybe Sunday mornings? But I'm kind of a scale junkie...what do you guys do?

Replies

• GoCanada
    GoCanada Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I do the once a week, on Sunday mornings. Weighing more than once a week would drive me nutters, I used to be a scale junkie too.
  • liveletl0ve
    Options
    in the past ive been an "every 30 minutes" kind of person. but i think once or twice a day. i dont like only weighing once a week because it makes me anxious and i cant keep myself on track at all
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    From what people have said here when this question is asked, it's normally once a week. Pick out the same day, time, etc. It's normally best to weigh in first thing in the morning, right after getting up, and using the bathroom. I weigh in off and on during the week, but only the monthly weigh-in counts for me. I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I'm losing inches, so try not to dwell too much on the number.
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    I am a total scale junkie and am trying to break myself of the habit. It isn't going so well! lol I tend to want to weigh myself every morning and every night.

That being said... I do my weigh ins for MFP first thing in the morning on Sundays. :tongue:
  • 33runnergirl
    33runnergirl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Monday morning for me. I'm a recovering scale junkie as well. :happy:
  • marialynnporter
    marialynnporter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    weigh your self only once! i know it's hard but hide your scale so you don't see it. i weigh my self once a week on saturday mornings now. i did once a month and i didn't lose any thing. but i didnt gain so thats good. :)
  • yummummum
    Options
    I weigh almost every morning too! But I record my weight once a week. I tried putting the scale in the closet and made it about 3 days without weighing myself LOL
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    After I've had a good couple of days. In the morning, after having a poop. Doesn't everybody do that?
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Mornings are the best time..after..ya know..and before you put anything in your mouth..lol, the very best day to weigh-in is Friday mornings... If your like most people Monday's are the worst..:noway: .as coming off the wkd's..and would cause a weight fluctuation..and disappointment.. Friday because most likely you will be working out your hardest during the week vs..the wkds..

But haha,:laugh: I'm a daily morning weigh-in person..I just can't help it.. If you can with hold for once a week..more power to you:wink:
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Monday morning for me. I'm a recovering scale junkie as well. :happy:

that.
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    Once a week on Friday mornings officially. I usually check in a couple of times during the week to see what's going on, but i'm just a control freak like that.
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings, I'm doing the New year, New us challenge. I wasn't weighing too often before... I go in spurts of weighing every day, and not weighing at all... I was trying to do wednesdays, but I haven't actually made it a whole week yet.... This next week that will be my goal!
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    For about 2 years I became pretty obsessed and weighed myself everyday. I got out of that habit and moved onto weekly weigh ins, which worked so much better!

I'm not in maintenance and weigh myself "officially" on Monday mornings, but also on Wednesday mornings just to see how I'm going.

I have a "treat day" on Saturdays, so stay away from the scales on Sundays.
  • efriling
    efriling Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Sounds good everyone...not totally unpacked yet so I don't know where my scale is today, and I've been doing this for one week on Wednesday, so I'm going to weigh Wednesday this week, but then I'll move to Sundays, which will be my treat day :) So I'll have a whole week to help work any extra calories off. Though, I'm really not feeling the need for a treat today- guess that's a good sign I'm not being too deprived!
  • classyhoney
    classyhoney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wednesday mornings and just weekly. Weighing in more than once a week can be discouraging, well for me at least.
  • Shajsum
    Shajsum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I hop on the scale almost every morning...first thing right after my first pee and/or #2, lol....But I officially weigh in every Saturday morning for the weeks progress. For me, right now, I need to see my progress daily.
  • sdmcbride10
    sdmcbride10 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Friday mornings. I find this to be the best time because for me I am pretty disciplined throughout the week and its before the weekend begins. Usually people are good during the week and a little naughty on the weekends because of more leisure time. Try it and see what works best for you.
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    Options
    I weigh myself 1x every 2 weeks. Any more often than that and I would go crazy.
  • tthomps71
    Options
    Used to weigh several times a day! Horrible habit! Then went to thursday mornings- its before the weekend and if you had a bad weekend, you have time to recover and not beat yourself up. Now, once a month- its not about the number-I have finally learned that after 40 something years

good luck!