lightheaded..

Options
So I worked out really hard today and now I feel super light headed even though I've been drinking a ton of water. Had this happened to anyone else before/how do I fix it?!

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I think that's your brain needing some glucose.. you probably depleted all your blood glucose and your body's glycogen's stores also. I would recommend a bit of carbs if you haven't had any recently. And naturally some protein :) I hope you feel better!
  • marialynnporter
    marialynnporter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    eat something with sugar! and if it's like what i get you might be getting a headache or something. i get ligh headed but i black out. not like i pass out i just can't see any thing. and then it goes away it's really weird.... but get a small thing of chocolate or something that has sugar.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your blood sugar has dropped. You should try eating a protein bar in the middle of your workout.
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your blood sugar levels are really low. Either have some fruit juice, a carb/protein snack, or a small piece of candy.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Eat some protein.
    Have a smoothie after your work out.
    .If you are not taking in enough calories you will feel weak and light headed. Your body is telling you that you need to refuel.
    Also
    When you work out you are breaking down your muscles, you need protein to rebuild.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'll try having a snack