Are people still using this app?

Options
mspoopie14
mspoopie14 Posts: 1 Member

Are people still using this app? 38 votes

Yes
78%
FABRICWOMANninerbuffWynterbourneshandy82165mmduluthCarriehelenexxzenabxxdurdenronicaw57SModa61herblovinmomJanellew86DarkscaraFascinationstreet10JaysFan82SafariGalNYCzimmermanlcortneydrv123susanadelajatvdccy2tyk 30 votes
No
5%
MelwillbehealthyGnawcraft 2 votes
Sometimes
15%
jmule24VeryKatiepsychratLilysworld129TacticalLulaLarryLorenz 6 votes

Replies

• tvdccy2tyk
    tvdccy2tyk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes
    I recently started using it
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »
    If they aren't using the app, how would they answer no to a question they aren't here to see?

Oh, the logic of it all!!!!😂😂😂😂
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    I no longer use the app. My weight loss and conditioning are all figments of my imagination and social media manipulation. Nothing to see here. Move along.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    So the hundreds of daily posts here in the Community aren't a hint that someone(s) do use the app?

Sincerely curious: Why would you ask this? Are you looking for some particular help or support, or . . . ?

Yeah, I suppose it could be that we're all just here yammering away in the Community, not using the app, spewing made-up stuff, in real life being some hound doggie in a basement paw-typing on a keyboard thinking we're fooling everyone. ;)

Woof. :D (Just kidding, of course. Not meant unkindly.)

I didn't pick a click-box because I don't get it, honestly. I used MFP to lose a bunch of weight after 30 years of overweight/obesity, and stay at a healthy weight for 7+ years since. If not sure that's true, though, one option would be to look at the many photos in my posts and on my profile page of the same li'l ol' lady, fat and thin. I don't log my food every day anymore - can stay in a healthy weight range now without doing it - but I logged like it was religion during loss and the earlier stages of maintaining, and still do it pretty frequently.

It can work.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    Yes
    Are you meaning are people using the app vs computer website? I use both as each of the two have their own strengths and I can do a task easier on one than the other. So I tagged "yes" on I use the app, but I also use the website.
  • LarryLorenz
    LarryLorenz Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sometimes
    I’m knew and so far it’s been ok. The groups look to be completely dead and the community sections don’t seem to get that many active posters. It looks like the same bunches of people post. The actual calorie counting app works fine
  • justlog2day
    justlog2day Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'd be willing to bet there are million of users around the world who use this - or at least still have an account here.

The population of people who may respond to this are those who may still use the forums here.

If your 'assessing' number of users based on the Forums you're missing most of the people. Sadly the Forums are a ghost town compared to what they were years ago.

When I originally joined in 2013 (diff acct) the Forums were amazingly active and fun (at least to me). Sadly the site went through some changes in protocol - and ownership - which many people got fed-up with and stopped participating.

From what I can gather, it seems many have moved the daily interactions to various FB groups.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    No
    I said no, but I misunderstood your question. Yes, people use this app. However, I joined years ago and have found that there don’t seem to be nearly as many people on here as there used to be. I could be wrong, as I’ve only been using it for about 4 months after a long absence. I just don’t think this app is as active as it once was. I’d love to know the true stats.
  • chadsmitheast
    chadsmitheast Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes
    I just signed up!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    Yes
    Wait, this is an app?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I'd be willing to bet there are million of users around the world who use this - or at least still have an account here.
    Yup, if all users who haven't signed in since covid were silently paused and archived, the site would have more juice, more signal and less noise.
    Sadly the site went through some changes in protocol - and ownership - which many people got fed-up with and stopped participating.
    This is true. It's changed in some ways that make it marginally less useful. And, I'm not aware of any changes where it has improved. (sync to other apps used to break daily, maybe that has improved.)

MFP "Groups" has always been a disaster. There are a million of them, the preponderance are defunct. "Groups" are poorly designed, and just don't work. If they silently removed "Groups," few would notice. Perhaps consider improving them so they are meaningful and work. :)
  • Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I use the app to log my calories, sync with my Fitbit to get an idea what I burn from walking, and record my weight. I don’t really interact with friends or post on my wall. I like to read through what’s happening here on the forums and participate in discussions because it helps me think through some of my own ideas about health and nutrition topics while I’m learning from others. But it’s VERY true that these boards are very different than they were 10+ years ago. It was fun to watch back then—the drama was sometimes riveting!—but I think the smaller group of regulars that visit today are quite kind and very helpful for the most part. I wish it were more active, because it’s been a great motivation for me.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    Yup, if all users who haven't signed in since covid were silently paused and archived, the site would have more juice, more signal and less noise.
    Sadly the site went through some changes in protocol - and ownership - which many people got fed-up with and stopped participating.
    This is true. It's changed in some ways that make it marginally less useful. And, I'm not aware of any changes where it has improved. (sync to other apps used to break daily, maybe that has improved.)

MFP "Groups" has always been a disaster. There are a million of them, the preponderance are defunct. "Groups" are poorly designed, and just don't work. If they silently removed "Groups," few would notice. Perhaps consider improving them so they are meaningful and work. :)

I'd note that the Community generally and groups specifically are not strictly speaking "MFP". The Community is a instance of a generalized community software/service called Vanilla Forums. MFP probably has some influence over its features, but in a sense MFP (the company) is a user of Vanilla, not the owner/manager/proprietor.