I'm kind of a "saucy" gal

Options
Hey buddies! I'm new at this and one of my weaknesses I've noticed is sauces. I love ranch, mayo, blue cheese, etc, and am not too fond of the non-fat versions of these (although I DO realize I may just have to become fond of them). A tablespoon of any of these really eats away at my daily calorie and fat goals. Does anyone have any suggestions for some tasty low-cal low-fat sauce alternatives???

Replies

• Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Mustard <3
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I hate low fat anything. I would rather not have the item. I cut mayo completely out of my diet because I realized in 1 week I ate 1250 calories in mayo alone. LOL
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Vinegar, hot sauce.......

there isn't much really.

Might have to migrate to spices.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Hey buddies! I'm new at this and one of my weaknesses I've noticed is sauces. I love ranch, mayo, blue cheese, etc, and am not too fond of the non-fat versions of these (although I DO realize I may just have to become fond of them). A tablespoon of any of these really eats away at my daily calorie and fat goals. Does anyone have any suggestions for some tasty low-cal low-fat sauce alternatives???

Best foods Dijionnaise!!! Mmmmmmm!!! I LOVE Kraft Sweet Balsamic Vinaigrette! But depending on my workout..I can splurge alil..hehe!
  • daleworley
    Options
    the hidden valley light ranch is a lot better tasting than the fat free...i had to give up mayo for mustard ...light italian isnt bad either
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    viniagrettes are supposedly healthier dressings.
    sauces.... i really don't know what could be a better alternative.

i don't use non-fat dressings, i use the light versions.... only thing i hate about those
    is the sodium is terrible.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    salsa, greek yogurt, and guacamole
  • meversusfatty
    Options
    Try using the powder versions - you can get lower calories by mixing it yourself. I love ranch too and cut it with red wine vinegar so it's tangy and less... bad. Also, Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil and Cracked Pepper is yummy and pretty low on calories. Wishbone Fat Free Italian is just as good as the full fat version, too.
  • Criskk
    Options
    Walden Farms brand has dressings, sauces, dips, etc. that you can try. If you can't find it in your health food stores, you can order it online for about the same price as stores. All of thier stuff is fat free, calorie free, sugar free, gluten free, carb free, cholesterol free. Sodium is 240 for 2 T. I am not too keen on the dressings, buy hubby won't use anything else.
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I always use non-fat plain Greek yogurt as a base for blue cheese dressing instead of sour cream...actually I use plain Greek yogurt in most recipes that call for sour cream!
    Also, balsamic vinaigre + dijon mustard + olive oil makes a fantastic salad dressing. The mustard makes it a bit more substantial/creamy than just a vinaigrette, and olive oil is quite good for you!

I also put Frank's hot sauce or Sriracha on just about everything one could ever imagine, and that has basically no calories. But obviously this only works if you like spicy things :]

Guac makes a nice mayo replacement on sandwiches. Different flavor, obviously, but you get the nice creaminess plus all the added benefits of avocado!
  • smashleyt
    smashleyt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Awesome suggestions that I will definitely try!! Thanks everyone!! :)