ME & CFS - Battle against Pain and Fatigue comfort food

Options
Hi, I am Martyn 64, suffer with ME & CFS and therefore use food energy against the Intense fatigue and alcohol (glass wine etc) to numb or quiet down the pain.
Pain killers do not work so balancing my nutrition is key for me to go forward and reduce fatigue to an acceptable level.
Does anyone here have experience with ME CFS and dieting?

Replies

• gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I do….

(Sorry for the delayed response - just put cfs/me into the search engine and came upon your post)

DM me if you like?
  • Nahyeahnah
    Nahyeahnah Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I have cfs and fnd (among other things) and would love a buddy. I'm 41 and struggle with food energy too. I need to lose 30kg (more really) but wiukd be grateful for any help with my health
  • M0n0n0ke
    M0n0n0ke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. Been on mfp for years but first post. I've just finished reading How not to diet by Michael Greger. He proposes that a whole food plant based diet will reduce inflammation and help loose weight. Having gained 5kg a year since my ME diagnosis and I have about 20kg to loose. A WFPB diet is the first time I'm feeling more positive and loosing weight (4kg in 5 weeks). I would recommend talking to a professional before making any diet changes though.