http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/printable-recipe/94
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    these all sound amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try these, but I'm going to substitute the chocolate chips with dried cranberries.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/low-fat-pumpkin-spiced-chocolate-chip.html
  • nkrueger1
    nkrueger1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    check out www.eatbetteramerica.com
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser's Frosty Pumpkin Smoothie
    Ingredients:

1/2 cup pumpkin puree, fresh or canned
    1/2 cup fat free Greek-style yogurt
    1/2 cup fat free milk
    2 tablespoons agave nectar
    1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1?8 teaspoon ground ginger
    1?8 teaspoon ground cloves
    5 ice cubes
    Garnish: nutmeg

Instructions:
    Combine ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Pour into
    chilled glass and garnish with dollop of yogurt and sprinkle of
    nutmeg. (Makes 2 servings)

Per serving: 130 calories, 0 g fat, 45 mg sodium, 26 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 22 g sugar
  • jazzybean1
    Options
    awesome! am making the protein bars right now! Question...when you 'bump' something, does it save it? how do you do it?
  • BlessedMoon
    BlessedMoon Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • SuperKatie
    SuperKatie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just found this recipe. I haven't made it yet, but plan to when my squash is ripe in my garden. This is for larger 6 portions, you could cut it down and make it fewer calories if you wanted. I like that it doesn't have any added cream.

Butternut squash boosts this recipe with beta-carotene and vitamin C. To cook gratin in advance, prepare through step 2, cover, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.

Per serving: 264 calories; 6 g protein; 13 g fat; 30 g carbs; 5 g fiber.

Prep: 30 minutes
    Total: 1 hour 20 minutes

Read more at Wholeliving.com: Apple, Leek, and Butternut Squash Gratin Ingredients
    Serves 4
    3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    2 medium leeks, white part only, trimmed of roots and tough outer leaves, thinly sliced crosswise, well washed and dried
    Coarse salt and ground pepper
    1/2 cup dry sherry
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage, plus leaves for garnish
    1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and sliced 1/8-inch thick
    1 pound apples, such as Gala, Cortland, Baldwin, or Macoun, peeled, halved, cored, and cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
    1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a 10-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Add leeks and 2 tablespoons water; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Add sherry and sage and cook until liquid is reduced to a glaze, about 3 minutes; set aside.
    In a 2-quart shallow baking dish, arrange squash in overlapping layers; season with salt and pepper. Spread leeks evenly over the squash.
    Arrange apples in an overlapping layer over the leeks. Brush apples with remaining tablespoon oil. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 45 minutes.
    Uncover and sprinkle cheese over the top. Raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees and bake 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and is golden brown. The tip of a paring knife should easily pierce the gratin. Let cool 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with sage leaves.
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    Yum! All of the recipes & tips are great!!!
  • tera7363
    tera7363 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love pumpkin food too!

Hungry Girls Nicely Iced Pumpkin Muffins

Ingredients:
    Muffins
    1 cup Fiber One Original bran cereal
    1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
    1/2 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
    1/4 cup brown sugar (not packed)
    1 tbsp. baking powder
    2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
    1/4 tsp. salt
    One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin
    1 cup club soda
    1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    1/4 cup sugar-free pancake syrup
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/4 cup raisins, chopped

Icing
    1/4 cup Cool Whip Free, thawed
    3 tbsp. fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
    1 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 10 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.

Using a blender or food processor, grind cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Transfer crumbs to a large bowl.
 Add flour, Splenda, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix well and set aside.

In another bowl, combine pumpkin, soda, egg substitute, syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly. Add mixture to the large bowl and stir until blended to form the batter.

Slowly sprinkle and stir chopped raisins into the batter. Evenly distribute batter among the 10 prepared cups of your muffin pan. (Batter may be piled high... This is OK!)

Bake in the oven until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out mostly clean, about 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.

Meanwhile, combine all icing ingredients in a small microwave-safe bowl. Mix until smooth and blended. (Refrigerate icing if you don't plan to serve muffins right away.)

Remove cooled muffins from the pan. Just before serving, warm icing in the microwave for a few seconds and drizzle it onto the muffins (or simply spread it on evenly). Enjoy!

MAKES 10 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 iced muffin
    Calories: 137
    Fat: 0.75g
    Sodium: 260mg
    Carbs: 32g
    Fiber: 6.75g
    Sugars: 9g
    Protein: 5.5g

PointsPlus® value 4*

It's crazy to think the Dunkin' Donuts pumpkin muffins have like 600 cals & 26 g of fat!
  • AshumBashum
    Options
    bump
  • melbelle32
    melbelle32 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump LOVE PUMPKIN
  • lindsay6694
    Options
    bump
  • rebecca9341
    rebecca9341 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    MMMM inspired to make pumpkin pancakes for tomorrows breakfast....now to find a recipe!
  • rebecca9341
    rebecca9341 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Found one!

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes with Pumpkin Butter
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 pancakes w/ 2 tbsp pumpkin butter • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 7 pts
    Calories: 254.3 • Fat: 3.4 g • Protein: 9.1 g • Carb: 51.6 g • Fiber: 3.0 g

1 cup whole wheat flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1/4 cup pumpkin butter or canned pumpkin
    1 tbsp brown sugar
    1 cup 1% milk
    3 large egg whites
    2 tsp oil
    1 tsp vanilla
    butter flavor cooking spray
    1/2 cup pumpkin butter for topping

Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine milk, egg whites and pumpkin butter or canned pumpkin in a bowl and mix until smooth. Combine wet ingredients with the dry and mix well with a spoon until there are no more dry spots. Don't over-mix.

Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Spray oil to lightly coat and pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter. When the pancake starts to bubble and the edges begin to set, flip the pancakes. Repeat with the remainder of the batter. Top each serving with an additional 2 tbsp pumpkin butter. In addition you can top with maple syrup or agave, (extra points)
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SCentanni
    SCentanni Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Super Simple Pumpkin Muffins

1 box Spice Cake Mix (or Carrot Cake Mix)
    1 can Pumpkin Puree

Mix and bake according to directions on back of box. (I have also made cakes with this recipe.

Only 2 ingredients. They will turn out super moist and my kids love them!

Enjoy!

I've made these before! Except the recipe I used said add and egg white. They were SUPER moist! So moist that when I stored them in an air tight container they got a little mushy...
  • kimwish
    Options
    The kind life website has an amazing recipe for vegan pumpkin coconut cake they just posted...it is amazing
  • linjo66
    linjo66 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    LOVE pumpkin! Here is a simple recipe for a snack that is low in calories and has a good source of protein!

Quick & Easy Pumpkin Pudding

8 oz fat free cream cheese
    1 can (15oz) pumpkin puree
    1/4 c sugar substitute (spoon for spoon type) or 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
    1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp ginger)

In a microwave safe bowl, add the cream cheese (and the honey if using) for about 20 seconds, just enough so that teh cream cheese is soft and easy to stir.
    Add the pumpking, sweetener, and spices. Mix well.
    Cook in microwave again for about 30 seconds. Stir well. Taste test and add more sweetener or spices if desired.
    Place in individual serving containers and refrigerate.

Serving size: 1/2 cup
    Makes 6 servings

Calories 62, Total Fat 0, Cholesterol 4mg, Sodium 205 mg, Carbs 9g, Fibre 2g, Sugars 4g, Protein 6g

Enjoy!!!