New to Site

Options
Hello from the suburbs of Atlanta. I’m 63 and looking to learn how to eat properly. I lost 53 pounds in 3 months on Mounjaro the diabetes med but had to stop it. Would love to connect with others who have taken the Ozempic or mounjaro etc and now have had to stop. I got very sick. Just recently out of hospital with bowel obstruction. My stomach is horrible right now. Hospitalized in June also for stomach issues thanks to mounjaro. Would love to connect with others for food eating ideas and advice. Looking forward to meeting others.

Elena

Replies

• deemsvickie
    deemsvickie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm in Rome Ga . So sorry about hi your stomach issues. Darn that's terrible. I'm just now getting back to working out and changing my eating habits. I just eat half of what I normally would and cut out bread and sugar as much as possible. Good luck. I'm 63 so yeah it's a little harder for us but WE CAN DO THIS 😊
  • bucknellmom1
    bucknellmom1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m in Kennesaw!
    And I too have cut sugar. Sweet addiction is gone thank goodness. Not much on exercise right now because I’m too weak. But hopefully next week I can get back to walking on treadmill.
  • PeachHibiscus
    PeachHibiscus Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi Elena! I haven't taken those meds but I do have type 2 diabetes and use MFP to keep track of my carbs/calories. It's definitely helped me lose weight and lower my A1C to a normal level. I'm sorry to hear of your stomach issues. I hope that your recovery is quick.

I wish you the best!