What is your BEST strategy?

Options
Daily we are faced with dietary decisions - what is your best strategy to remain accountable and stay focused?

I like to say to myself "I will love myself more tomorow for the decisions I make today". I think it reminds me that I'm doing this for no one but me. I sleep better when I know I was accountable and was honest on my daily log. I'm down 30 since March and have another 30 to go.

Do you have a strategy to push through each day in a positive way?

Replies

• CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My strategy is to weigh myself every morning to see where I am and adjust my diet accordingly. Not for everyone of course but this works for me long-term
  • MrsDogLady
    MrsDogLady Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My strategy is to weigh myself every morning to see where I am and adjust my diet accordingly. Not for everyone of course but this works for me long-term

I do the same, weighing daily. Keeps me honest. I know people say to only weigh one a week but daily accountability works for me. Good luck on your journey!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Best strategy for anyone is to stay consistent. Brushing your teeth everyday is habitual. If you just did it occasionally, you'll deal with oral problems. Diet and exercise are pretty much the same way. If your daily habit is to eat foods that are nutritionally better, less calorie dense and fulfilling, then you have a tendency to stray less.
    The easiest way to stay on track is to prep the food yourself whether daily or in advance. But that's a habit you have to form if you don't do it now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the comments here, and I like planning meals in advance (each morning) and tracking everything to stay accountable to myself (goals whatever they are - food, drinks, exercise, etc.). Then, “My tomorrow self will thank me!”
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    To stick with what has worked for me.. rinse and repeat - and resist wasting time trying a new trendy diet strategies. .