6 Scary Side Effects of Sugar

Options
I found this interesting article today, thought I would share...
http://fitbie.msn.com/eat-right/tips/6-scary-side-effects-sugar

Replies

• mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Yesh!! I eat it to feel good:( Going to have to rethink that!
  • slicksps
    Options
    Sugar, like any food is great in moderation. Oranges contain sugar, Lemon contains sugar. This article starts by saying the average US adult consumes 22 teaspoons per day! That is a lot, that's nearly 4 non-diet cans of cola!... most people, particularly those who are weight concious don't, so I wouldn't worry about a spoon in your tea or one in a sweet chili sauce.

Also read each title... x MAY cause Y...
    cutting back on A MIGHT help stop B...

It's all non-committed science... like eating yoghurt magically restores all your digestive system's bacteria... well they're not allowed to advertise this in the UK any more as the science disproves it... but before then, it might have done...

Since posting this, I've had to edit; this article is one giant advert for a certain MD in the US who makes a profit from anti-sugar books, he's using article marketing to promote his questionable, scientifically UNproven 'medication' which can reportedly help fix a variety of ailments... My opinion of non-prescription meds is that if your GP doesn't recommend it, it either doesn't work, or you don't need it. His book reportedly spends most of it's chapters advertising these medications...
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this... well worth the read.