ONLY ONE POUND!

Options
Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me? If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat. Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please. So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." ( as if that were such a terrible thing!) For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!! After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

This never occurred to me!

Replies

• lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me? If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat. Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please. So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." ( as if that were such a terrible thing!) For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!! After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

This never occurred to me!
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT!!!

I just weighed in and lost "just one pound" ..... my goal is to keep losing and losing "just one pound" per week!!

Thanks for the post!! Good luck on your journey of losing "just one pound"!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kgrumpybear
    Options
    Thank you so much. I never thought of it as "a pound". I always look at the total and it seems like it will never come off. Looking at one pound at a time is so doable.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    If I ever get discouraged at losing "only one pound"...I think of what a pound of butter looks like and then visualize that OFF of my body!! It really is not such a bad thing!!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    That is great Lorelai!! Thank you so much :happy:
  • bethany_burns
    bethany_burns Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That just made me smile, I hate you one pound, in fact I hate you so much that I lost you and three of your friends one at a time over the past few weeks. :)

ONE AT A TIME!! THAT'S ALL IT TAKES! :bigsmile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you. Kinda puts it all in perspective doesn't it? I'm one of those people who only lose one pound a week but that's okay by me. As they say, "slow and steady wins the race". Thanks again for the post.