Can't stop going over my calorie limit

Options
Hi there! I have been tracking consistently the last few days and I am noticing I am eating way too much and going over my calorie goal even before I have dinner.
I'm 178kg and waiting to get wls so I need to slowly lower the calories or I am going to make a mess of myself come surgery time...

Does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• MrsDogLady
    MrsDogLady Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Perhaps preparing an advance meal plan may help. Sticking to it may be the hardest part but if you can do it for even one week you'll feel better knowing you've accompished a goal. Good Luck! :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Could you be going over because you're trying to avoid surgery?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I think there are two parts to the issue. First is true hunger. Are you meeting your protein and fiber goals? You have to eat the right calories to be satisfied. Plus is your calorie goal reasonable for your activity level?

Second is habit. I used to habitually eat until my belly was overfull. It took some time and adjustment to recognize that I could eat a little and stop. Plus all the little eating cues. I trained myself to drink water when I find myself in the kitchen looking for that elusive satisfaction.

If you are out of calories before dinner, you may have several elements to work on. It will take time. Give yourself some grace as you make small changes. They will add up.

Annie
  • emmasellick
    emmasellick Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Could you be going over because you're trying to avoid surgery?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I don't think so? I'm excited for my surgery
  • emmasellick
    Options
    MrsDogLady wrote: »
    Perhaps preparing an advance meal plan may help. Sticking to it may be the hardest part but if you can do it for even one week you'll feel better knowing you've accompished a goal. Good Luck! :)

That is a good idea
    I'll have a sit down later and work something out! Thank you
  • emmasellick
    Options
    I think there are two parts to the issue. First is true hunger. Are you meeting your protein and fiber goals? You have to eat the right calories to be satisfied. Plus is your calorie goal reasonable for your activity level?

Second is habit. I used to habitually eat until my belly was overfull. It took some time and adjustment to recognize that I could eat a little and stop. Plus all the little eating cues. I trained myself to drink water when I find myself in the kitchen looking for that elusive satisfaction.

If you are out of calories before dinner, you may have several elements to work on. It will take time. Give yourself some grace as you make small changes. They will add up.

Annie

Annie

I will look at my calorie goal again. I think I am trying to reduce and be in a deficit too fast. I am trying to incorporate more protein into my diet too.

I think I eat because I think I have to. I have been conditioned to eat every few hours even if I'm not hungry...