SHREDDERS: 30DS ?

Options
I just finished level 1 day 9. I definitely have more endurance than day 1 but it is definitely still kicking my butt and I'm far from just breezing thru the level 1 workout. Tomorrow is my last level 1 workout then on to level 2. I previewed level 2; it looks so much harder and I've heard it is. I'm a bit nervous about moving into L2 when I definitely don't feel mastery with L1... Did u adjust to L2 like u did with L1 and did u have total confidence going into L2? Cuz I don't! Any reassurances out there???

Replies

• HealthyWayorNoWay
    Options
    I Didn't like level 2 because it was really hard and but what i did was one day level 1 then level 3 then level 2 for a week and after i was able to do level 2
  • anonoymous1
    anonoymous1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Today is my last day of L1, I am a bit worried of L2 too.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Believe in yourself and what you're body can do! You can achieve level 2... might not be able to master it, but it's doable. Follow Anita! :)
  • babyfatbegone
    babyfatbegone Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've done level one and am now on level two. It is a lot harder, but it does get easier. Today is my day 6 and I can keep up with Natalie pretty well...except for the cheer squats. You'll see. ;) I did level three before as well and it's a lot easier for me than level two. I've already seen changes in myself. I love Jillian, but it makes me feel better to box at the TV if you know what I mean. :)
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I did my 7th day of level 2 today! Its definately harder then level 1, but its not impossible! , and like level 1 it is getting easier each day!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    This is what I did:
    11 days level 1
    9 days level 2
    10 days level 3

I saw results and I even took a few days off. :) it gets easier and if you keep at it then you will be able to master a lot if not all the moves! i still think some parts of all levels are easier than others. Don't give up!
  • curiositycat
    curiositycat Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya--starting Level 2 on Tuesday and kinda scared based on what I've heard. I thought about previewing it, and I decided I want to go in totally ignorant ;)
  • jackiejax1981
    jackiejax1981 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    what are you guys talking about? I want in on this thing! ;-P
  • michaelachallis
    michaelachallis Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i am on level 3 day 7.
    fell off the wagon due to holidays etc but will be finished this week !
  • babyfatbegone
    babyfatbegone Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    what are you guys talking about? I want in on this thing! ;-P

It's a workout video with Jillian Michaels.You just need some hand weights and a mat. (I don't recommend using 5lb because my arms kill me but I refuse to buy new ones.) You can get it at Target. Here's a link to amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/dp/B00127RAJY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317006773&sr=8-1
    Buy it so you can join in the painful fun. ;D

edited because I couldn't get the link to work...still can't. :yawn:
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Quite honestly, I did the 30DS over the span of 3 months. I didn't do it every day, but I did do it 3-4 days in a row, break for a few as my schedule allowed, then went back on it. I was scared to death to go from Level 1 to Level 2, but after I previewed it and then got the fear out of my system, I just kept moving forward. I took my time on the levels, as long as I was able to get a good sweat on a level at any given time. If I found it was easier to do a level, that was my gauge to move on to the next one, to be challenged. You have to make the 30DS work for you, and not be disappointed if you actually don't do it in exactly 30 days, unless that is your ultimate goal. There's no shame in not mastering Level 1 after the first 7-10 days. It might take a little longer to see results, but you get out of it what you put into it. Combined with post-shred cardio, I was able to lose 20 pounds in the first two months.

If you get to Ripped in 30, you will also feel the same kind of dread before transitioning between those levels. Same fear. But the burn is really good, which makes it totally worth it in the end. Good luck! You are doing fabulous! :)
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I'm gonna go into it with NO FEAR!!!
  • broken_star1134
    broken_star1134 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    For me, It was like lvl 1...got easier. But, Honestly, I didn't really care for lvl 2. I looked forward to lvl 1 workouts after a couple days but lvl 2 I had to force myself to do it. Even my son (who's 3 and has been my exercise partner for this lol) didn't like lvl 2 and pretty much gave up on it himself. He kept telling me to put the other one on. For lvl 1, he was with me every day doing as much as a 3 year old can do for as long as they can do it lol. I am now on lvl 3...day 3. I think I also like this one better than lvl 2. There are a couple things that are hard for me...Superstar jumps are the worse for me so far but I am hoping they get easier as well. Just stick to and and you will live through it! Good luck!
  • sdmcbride10
    sdmcbride10 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    WOW! I didn't know that there were so many people doing the 30 day shred. I have been reading the posts and will definitely use the advice. I will ne doing day 7 of level 1 today. The most difficult part for me is the side leg lunges combined with lifting the weights to eye level. I am usually ready to give up at this point, but I just push through. You will find more fulfillment in seeing how much you are able to do one your done. Keep it up and you be Shredded.
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    WOW! I didn't know that there were so many people doing the 30 day shred. I have been reading the posts and will definitely use the advice. I will ne doing day 7 of level 1 today. The most difficult part for me is the side leg lunges combined with lifting the weights to eye level. I am usually ready to give up at this point, but I just push through. You will find more fulfillment in seeing how much you are able to do one your done. Keep it up and you be Shredded.

I HATE the side lunges and I always have to decrease my weight to get thru them but I love the workout overall and it's already made me stronger.