Just Started my fat loss Journey!!

Options
sahirgogaritraders
sahirgogaritraders Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
I am starting hard with 5 days Workout including weight lifting and Morning 1km Walk, my height is 5.8'f weight 101kg daily calories target is 900. Any suggestions?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,147 Member
    Options
    You're only eating 900 calories daily, at a current body weight of 101kg (about 223 pounds)? If so, you're severely under-nourishing and under-fueling yourself, at risk to your health.

Suggestion: Eat more.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more and be patient in your weight loss, it's not a race, it's about changing your habits for life.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    900 cal is way too low. You're very close to the same height and weight as me and with no exercise at all I can lose about a pound a week at 1,700 cal daily.

Extreme diets don't help you develop the eating habits to remain at a healthy weight for a lifetime.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    You're being TOO AGGRESSIVE with your program. And I can almost guarantee you that you'll regain weight because it WON'T be a program you'll stick to for life.
    That's the key: eating a way you can control your weight FOR LIFE. IMO, eat up to your BMR for now. Guessing 1780 calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,390 Member
    Options
    What the others said: slow down! You're just setting yourself up for failure. And damaging your body at least in the short term. There's really no need for that. Slow and steady always wins the race.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I won't pile on about the calories (although they are right). Walking and weights is a fantastic combo for sure. Just a word of warning though, you said you are "starting hard". You want to be careful to avoid injury, or to set too high short term goals which may end up frustrating you. If you haven't been doing much so far, set your target to walk 5km per week, and next week do a little more. Start out with weights 2-3 times and over time add sets, reps, maybe another day. You don't need to do it all at once. Give your body time to adjust.

Good luck!