How many calories do you eat a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    5'4

i am 5"2 and about 110 and people tell me im too skinny, i am maintaining with a goal of 2000calories a day. i exercise 5 days a week 2 days taekwondo and 3 days at the gym. if you dont like how youtr body looks eat at maintenance and do lots of running and weight training that will tighten you up and get you fit. but eat all the calories back.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Also if your period stopped it could be pregnancy! Just throwing that out there, only you know whether that's a possibility or not. But if it's not, yeah you're probably not eating enough.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Slightly off topic, but why is it totally acceptable to tell people they are way too skinny? Imagine if you told folk they were way too fat.

Are you trying to say that fat people don't hear that?
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Slightly off topic, but why is it totally acceptable to tell people they are way too skinny? Imagine if you told folk they were way too fat.

Yeah, never heard of someone being kicked off a plane for being too skinny :)
  • laurenatholen
    Options
    Also if your period stopped it could be pregnancy! Just throwing that out there, only you know whether that's a possibility or not. But if it's not, yeah you're probably not eating enough.
    Haha no worries not pregnant, not even in a relationship and waiting till marriage for that haha
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options

I was fat for years and I never actually noticed, not one person told me I was fat :S
    I am now slightly chubby and everyone and thier dog, tellsme I am too thin. Just strange if you ask me.
  • cacraft
    Options
    Yeah I stopped having my period which I don't think is healthy
    s

Have you discussed this with your doctor? I highly recommend it.
  • babyblake11
    Options

she means its seen as mean to call someone too fat... but if you call someone too skinny... no one gives a crap, but it hurts just as much, especially when people say it to me, because i know how much i eat and how healthy i am.. its just plain mean.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", maintaining a weight of between 107 and 110 lbs. I aim for a net calorie goal of between 1350 and 1450 (depending on where I am in the 107 to 110 lb spectrum). I burn between 150 to 350 calories most days with exercise and I do eat my workout calories back.

When I was 17 I was eating an 100% raw food diet, dropped from 107 lbs to around 90 lbs, and I lost my period for about 6 months. It came back when I upped my calories by eating more avocados and nuts and seeds and stuff, but I was still super unhealthy until I started eating cooked food (especially fish, meat and dairy) again.
  • creatureofchaos
    creatureofchaos Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what I'm eating. If I'm eating nutritionally dense food (lots of beans and veg and fruit and little else), it's a struggle for me to eat enough to break 1000 calories. Still, my my energy level skyrockets and I have no trouble exercising. But if I'm eating smaller amounts of "normal" food, I need a lot more calories (1500ish), and I still get exhausted and shaky working out. I don't know exactly why this is.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options

she means its seen as mean to call someone too fat... but if you call someone too skinny... no one gives a crap, but it hurts just as much, especially when people say it to me, because i know how much i eat and how healthy i am.. its just plain mean.

Thats exactly what I mean, just seems to be totally socially acceptable to tell people thay are too thin :S Doesnt seem right.
  • babyblake11
    Options
    I'm 5'2", maintaining a weight of between 107 and 110 lbs. I aim for a net calorie goal of between 1350 and 1450 (depending on where I am in the 107 to 110 lb spectrum). I burn between 150 to 350 calories most days with exercise and I do eat my workout calories back.

When I was 17 I was eating an 100% raw food diet, dropped from 107 lbs to around 90 lbs, and I lost my period for about 6 months. It came back when I upped my calories by eating more avocados and nuts and seeds and stuff, but I was still super unhealthy until I started eating cooked food (especially fish, meat and dairy) again.

we are both the same weight and height and doing about the same amount of exercise and my goal is 2000(that includes exercise)... you are not eating enough either. i reccomend seeing a dietitian to get a real idea of how much to eat
  • 500daysofshelby
    Options
    See I'm 5'0 and I should be weighing anywhere from 94 (the absolute lowest) and 128 (the heaviest) in order to maintain a healthy weight. I try and eat about 1,200-1,300 calories a day if I do little exercise, otherwise I eat more depending on how much I burn that day. So at 5'4 you should definitely not be weighing 104, or eating only a 1100 calorie diet. And since your period stopped, that's definitely not a good sign! You should definitely up your caloric intake to anywhere from 1,300-1,700 calories depending on physical activity.

Hope this helped!
  • erinkeely4
    Options

we are both the same weight and height and doing about the same amount of exercise and my goal is 2000(that includes exercise)... you are not eating enough either. i reccomend seeing a dietitian to get a real idea of how much to eat

I don't think I could maintain this weight while eating 2,000 calories!! Everyone has a different metabolism. Mine is similar to my mom's, who also can't eat 2,000 cals and maintain a lower weight.
  • erinkeely4
    Options

I don't think I could maintain this weight while eating 2,000 calories!! Everyone has a different metabolism. Mine is similar to my mom's, who also can't eat 2,000 cals and maintain a lower weight.

Oh wait, you're 18 -- that's why you need 2,000 calories and I need 1,400. Your caloric needs will get lower as you get older.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I'm tryin to gain some mass and consume about 3,000 right now @ 6'0" and 220lbs.

When I'm tryin to lose fat, I eat about 2,000 and after exercise, it comes to about 1500 calories a day.

And I brush my luscious hair 100x daily.

Those are my stats.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options

I know what she means and I agree, but I don't think fat people don't hear it. I'm not sure that it is totally acceptable to call someone too skinny, but when someone posts on a forum saying they eat 1,100 calories and have lost their period, then yeah, I think it's okay to say you're too thin and you're body isn't happy about it.
  • babyblake11
    Options

Oh wait, you're 18 -- that's why you need 2,000 calories and I need 1,400. Your caloric needs will get lower as you get older.

i still think its a good idea to see a dietitian... 600 cals is a huge difference