Does anyone eat chocolate on a daily basis?!

Options
psmd
psmd Posts: 764 Member
I looooove chocolate and have eaten it here and there and stayed within my calories most days, and still losing weight. But I worry about 2 things: one, overeating some days, and two, that it will impede my weight loss. But I do love it. If you have chocolate most days, what do you have, and how do you keep yourself from having too much?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    lately i've been eating Ghirardelli intense dark with my ben and jerry's, that's normally 3-5 times a week

not really hard not to eat it in moderation, kinda just do it
  • alanabancroft
    Options
    I have to have a small amount each day, or I will over eat it on a bad day. So instead of having a cheat day once a week, I have a cheat snack once a day. To stay in control, you can buy lower calorie treats that usually come in single servings. I just make sure I have a true craving, and when I want one I sit down and really enoy it. And dark chocolate in small amounts is good. But its easier to overeat if its a giant package then one serving. And don't get down on yourself for having a treat.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I don't..but I could...but I don't...ARGH!! it's tough too!!!!
  • evelynr14
    evelynr14 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I enjoy chocolate and usually eat it in my fiber one 90 calories chocolate and peanut butter bars, only 5g of sugar and 2.5g of fat and 90 calories...just a suggestion
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    i eat 1 piece of 85% dark chocolate with my 'dessert' each night
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Every day, without fail. Lindt 90% is my staple, but I will indulge in the less healthy varieties! Buying portion controlled stuff is the best way to go I've found - fun size bars, instead of bulk! :happy: The Lindt Lindor are good for that too. I gave up chocolate, once, for six months....I've since decided life is too short to do that again!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i find its much easier for me to have a little bit every day..then i dont binge and eat 3 kind size candy bars when im stressed >.>
    i try to buy dark chocolate bars and eat a square, or half a square a day.
    sometimes i splurge and buy some m&ms, and just eat 10 or so. every so often i get a free organic/free-trade candy bar in my produce delivery and its always sooo good. i divide it up and make it last as long as possible. but with flavors like coconut curry and spicy red chili its hard >.>
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I DO!!! And, screw dark chocolate. I hate that crap. I have milk chocolate or white chocolate pretty much every single day. :D Yums.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is actually good for you. It's full of anti-oxidants. But you will take a hit in those calories. If you want to eat it everyday, take it into consideration when doing your workouts. Make sure you burn at least that chocolate off and drink oodles of water. =)
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    yes, usually multiple times per day.

to keep myself from going crazy, i use the following strategies:

1) frozen chocolate, forcing me to suck on it rather than gobble it all down
    2) telling my fiance' to physically restrain me if i go back for more
    3) eating it in prepackaged servings, whether i buy it like that or do it myself
    4) forcing myself to drink a giant glass of water with each piece of candy
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Almost every day - as long as I have the calories to spend. 2 Dove Dark squares is my 'go to' treat. I also favor chocolate protein shakes with an extra tablespoon of cocoa added. Mmmmmmm
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    My fave..when I have a chocolate attack is Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk..at first sip..kinda rich..then the second time..mmmmmm...love it!! Can't not have it in the house..if i'm having a choco attack..lol:wink:
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat it in moderation it is okay. Like everyone else here I eat the dark chocolate. Depending on which one I buy. It varies. Sometimes the Dove, Hershey or Ghirardelli, it depends on which one we have on sale.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Not everyday, but I certainly enjoy Ghirardelli Intense Dark Sea Salt Soiree a couple days a week. Chocolate isn't as big of a struggle for me as another helping of mashed potatoes or pasta. But I do enjoy it - that's why I don't mess with lesser quality chocolates.
  • livwinter09
    Options
    Hi!
    I do eat a little bit of chocolate everyday. Here's the deal. I live on campus at college and am dependent on the food here in the cafeteria. The food here isn't very good. So oftentimes I come back to my room hungry and what do I do? I head to the vending machines and buy a Twix or other fav candy. I found if I buy a bag of mini candy bars, a little bit of chocolate, then I can have a little piece everyday and still stay on track. So either way, I say go for it! Have a little chocolate everyday, can't totally go off of it or you will mess up big :)
    Enjoy and God Bless!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    i have a double chocolaty chip frap with skim and no whip from starbucks sometimes, has nice chocolate amount and isnt that bad without the whip and whole milk (:
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    yes, usually multiple times per day.

to keep myself from going crazy, i use the following strategies:

1) frozen chocolate, forcing me to suck on it rather than gobble it all down
    2) telling my fiance' to physically restrain me if i go back for more
    3) eating it in prepackaged servings, whether i buy it like that or do it myself
    4) forcing myself to drink a giant glass of water with each piece of candy

Number 2 could be kind of fun!
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I eat a serving of Blue Diamond Dark Chocolate covered almonds almost daily. Yummy and good for you! :)
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate pretty much everyday - just a few squares of dark chocolate, inside my calorie allowance and keeps me sane :)
  • luv2run
    luv2run Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I eat it almost everyday, not saying that its a good thing but I find for me it helps me keep things under control, I stick to darker chocolate probably not as dark as you are supposed to eat but, not milk chocolate, I usually buy a large bar that has squares that are about 45 calories each and just try to limit them to 1-2 squares per day and because its darker and richer it satisfies that craving with less.