Hi, I’m New Here - 150 lbs to lose

Options
I’m Darla. I am 61 and at 287 and 5’2”. I hurt everywhere. I am finally ready for health. I am a 31 yr Registered Nurse so I know better. My daughter make me a pic of myself if I were at my goal weight. That is quite the motivation. I have 145 lbs to lose. I have so many ailments. Was tested last week for Rheumatoid Arthritis-labs still pending. I am praying my aches and pains are just general inflammation from all the sweets and junk. I am counting macros and drowning in water per my new health trainer. Only got 96 oz of my 140 in yesterday on my first day. Even though I was up 3 times to use bathroom last night I went right back to sleep and slept so well. Water obviously has a big impact. I am not eating too healthy yet. He wants me to see what I normally eat this week. I can already see how horrible it is… it’s all empty, horrible calories. Would love some new friends and especially those with large amounts of weight to lose. God Bless

Replies

• lteezie
    lteezie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there, feel free to add me. I'm just getting back into the swing of things. I lost 95 pounds about ten years ago but I've found them all again, after a couple injuries and increasingly bad habits. I've got at least 130 to lose, with hopes of eventually hitting the 175 mark. I'm 41 and still hopeful that a pregnancy will "stick" soon. I've been saying that I'm trying to lose weight for a year but I haven't been tracking. I've got previous injuries and inflammation, plus hypothyroid and endo (and not to mention 10 more years) that are preventing me from doing things the way I did them before. So, I know it's going to be a slower journey this go around but I'm tired of feeling cruddy. Time to get serious about my health. Happy to make friends and grow a little support group on here!
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I am maintaining my weight loss, so I'm not losing--just trying to keep my appetite in line--but we're almost the same age; I'm 62. So I'm sending you a friend request anyway.
  • SpinSpinSugar69
    SpinSpinSugar69 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I recently found out I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol and I am working to get them both down. I was doing keto off and on and I think my cheats messed me up.So now I'm just eating a balanced diet. I will send you a request. :smile:
  • trainwfaith
    trainwfaith Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I’m not new to the app but new to the talking to others. I’d like to have added friends for the community and accountability.
    I’m a active person who doesn’t want to follow the footsteps of family with many health issues. Thank God I am healthy!
    I’m 46 and a mother is six.. so exercising keeps me sane lol