Restarting

Options

Replies

• Cmart504
    Cmart504 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm in the same boat. I decided to try this weight loss journey again a week ago...I need to lose 30-60 lbs 😩
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Looking for some motivational friends. I have an old list of people who have disappeared.

Hey Kesh, I've been on here for a minute too. It's sad, but if I have an old friend that hasn't logged on for a year or so, I drop'em. It's hard, but it is also nice to look at my 'friends' and see they have all logged on in the last couple of days, and they are active and making progress. That's us, right? :)

• Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I lost 201 lbs and then my mom passed away and I gained almost a hundred back. I lost a considerable amount of that and then my dad passed and I regained a lot again. I started losing again and now my last remaining Grandparent passed away a few weeks ago. I don't want to regain yet again and lose all the progress I've made this year. The problem is I'm an emotional eater. I'm hanging in there so far, but slowly all my friends left MFP over the years and all but one of the remaining ones never interacted with me. So I'm essentially starting over in the friend department. If anyone is interested in new friends, please feel free to add me. ❤️
  • Cmart504
    Cmart504 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone ☺️...I sent out friend request today. If I accidentally missed you, please add me.

I've never had any friends on here, so I'm not sure how this goes. I would like to have a group of people trying to accomplish similar milestones. Are we going to post ideas, meals, etc. in this group chat or just comment on each other's page?
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    So I'm essentially starting over in the friend department.

My word @Jesslan_Rose you have really been through it. I am inspired by what you have done.
  • vexedangel678
    vexedangel678 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am restarting as well. Would love to connect.
  • setaylor86080
    setaylor86080 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am restarting like everyone else. I have been on here for a long time, 10 plus years I think, but after my last kid I stopped tracking. I am back now trying to work on myself now that things have finally settled down a little. I have lost a lot of friends due to my absence and would love to build a group that is active and likes to get involved.
  • Kristin985
    Kristin985 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kris from Australia🦘
    I was on myfitnesspal over 10 years ago, but times, weight and phones have changed.⏳

It's day 1 of restarting with MFP. I definitely need friends for accountability and motivation. It's a two way thing don't worry so I'll support you too.👐

I have no idea how to add people 😔sorry. Feel to send a request or message 😀
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Kristin985 wrote: »

I have no idea how to add people

Chris with a C here. Best of luck with part II, we got this!!!

BTW: Just click on a person pic or username and it pops a screen where you can click "add as a friend"
  • suejo2144
    suejo2144 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started today. I have atleast 50lb to lose but I'm going to take it a day at a time whilst I get used to the app. 1lb a week more is a bonus but steady loss is more sustainable for me . Celebrate the wins , commiserate the gains. Its good to do something. Sons wedding in 4 weeks so hope to have lost some by then
  • Dellagirl5316
    Dellagirl5316 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as friend I’m always happy to have positive people in my feed
  • Revealme
    Revealme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting today and removed all the inactive friends leaving only those who have posted in the last month. Looking to be held accountable to lose 30 lbs.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Revealme wrote: »
    I'm just starting today and removed all the inactive friends leaving only those who have posted in the last month. Looking to be held accountable to lose 30 lbs.

@Sugarnspice1922 @setaylor86080 Shall we link up? This is how you get support and encouragement! I like it @Revealme
  • haleybug89
    haleybug89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Adding you! I restarted a few weeks ago. 34lbs lost so far and hoping to lose about 50lbs more.
  • BriansTrident
    BriansTrident Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I’m looking for some new friends as well and I have no clue how to add someone 😊
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I’m here daily, anyone feel free to add me! x
  • Dennis27613
    Dennis27613 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too restarted back in February after a hiatus of several years. Best wishes too all of you in the same boat
  • Saunders2485
    Saunders2485 Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Restarting too! Would be great for more friends to help keep me on track. Also love to cheer everyone on 😊
  • evelynaugros
    evelynaugros Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too! I did Noom last time, this is my first time trying MFP. I've got 30+ to lose this time. Last time it was more like 10, so we'll see how this goes!
  • zamirasoni
    zamirasoni Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm also restarting to recover from gallbladder disease:(