I'm new..... goal to loose 50 lbs in 5 months!!

Options
kbmaury
kbmaury Posts: 3 Member
Hi everyone!! I'm Karen and I need to loose 100 lbs. But since I only have 5 months left in year, I will shoot for 50 lbs!! I'm 5'11". Weight 300. The most I've ever weighed. I've tried everything. But I feel I can do this by eating at home more, adding fruits as my snack between meals, logging daily, drinking 60 oz of water minimum daily, and doing 30 minutes of exercise (walking or riding bike) daily. For the most part I'm super positive daily but I too am starting to have some physical problems I attribute to my weight and I refuse to go down like this. I just got diagnosed with high BP. I take thyroid meds and I have high cholesterol. I know this is all due to my weight. I have a super supportive adult daughter on this weight loss journey. Looking to connect with others here!! Thanks, Karen

Replies

• SusannahMorgan82
    SusannahMorgan82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen!! I am with you on the journey to lose 100 lbs! I’m starting a six week challenge, just for myself, of health and self care. I have an appointment with my doctor at the beginning of September and I want to show her that I can get my weight, cholesterol, A1C and blood pressure to better levels. Plus, I just want to feel better! It’s great that you have your daughter for support..that is such a huge help! Good luck! We’ve got this 💪🏻
  • Canada_Kate
    Canada_Kate Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love your radiant positivity. It perked me up better than a coffee!! Have a great day
  • Lauraleebs1963
    Lauraleebs1963 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! What is your daily calorie goal, if I may ask? While I didn’t have as much to lose, I found that when I tried 1200 calories a day I was tired and cranky. I realized I felt like I was starving myself and it just wasn’t sustainable. I set my calorie goal to 1420 and found this better for me. Don’t be afraid to adjust your calorie goals. I also discovered that I shouldn’t eat my exercise calories…and I found myself losing! Slow and steady is my motto now. Also start each day anew if you mess up…it’s all about NOT GIVING UP! You’ve got this! 🙂
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    That's ambitious, but you do have quite a bit of weight to lose so it's not out of the question. Just don't overdo your exercise due to being super excited since it could lead to injury and then stump your plan.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • 19Happylife64
    19Happylife64 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude ☺️
    Sounds like you have a great plan and support system. Remember not to get discouraged with the scale (water weight is a real thing)...and not every day will be easy...but planning ahead can get you through some tough spots...YOU GOT THIS!
  • zwpygxnr9c
    zwpygxnr9c Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Baby steps. You will be pumped the first few weeks. On those days you feel discouraged keep it simple, a short walk, a bike ride. The key is to be consistent. Best of luck 🫶 you got this!
  • kbmaury
    kbmaury Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks all..!!! I really appreciate your comments. I don't know how to "reply to you directly" above. But my calorie goal they set at 1850. I've managed to keep it there or under except for yesterday...(at a little dessert). But I'm pumped about another good day. I'm really focusing on being consistent everyday by staying below/at my calories. I have been logging and I'm in it for the long haul. Thanks everyone!!!
  • Lauraleebs1963
    Lauraleebs1963 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great to hear!