Options
scottmorgan0222
scottmorgan0222 Posts: 2 Member
Morning, I would love to hear any really high protein breakfast / lunch ideas

Replies

• laurosaurusrex
    laurosaurusrex Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love overnight oats. I ended up getting the subscription box to the brand oats overnight. Their cookie dough and dark chocolate flavors are my fav. They have 20g of protein in them and I typically add in a scoop of vanilla or chocolate protein powder. I add a serving of flaxseed and in an easy meal I have 40g+ of protein and 13g of fiber.
  • PeachHibiscus
    PeachHibiscus Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I eat smoked salmon and hard boiled eggs several times a week for breakfast. I pair that with a huge plate of chopped up cucumbers, radishes, and tomatoes. That keeps me pretty satisfied all morning.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Pancakes made with extra eggs, egg whites, cottage cheese, yogurt, liquid whey and Naked whey powder, with melted peanut butter or homemade cream cheese on top.

Sounds like insanity but moist and delicious. Have them every single morning except Donut Sundays.

When I didn’t have time to prepare a batch the other night, I had a serving of Greek yogurt with a little honey, and a serving of cottage cheese with sliced berries, since they were already in the fridge. 30+ grams protein if I recollect correctly.
  • jklieber
    jklieber Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like to mix protein powder with Greek yogurt and add some berries - Fage nonfat has 18g per serving- that plus Optimum Nutrition rich chocolate- at 24g puts it at 42g of creamy deliciousness.
  • mbinaz2019
    mbinaz2019 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I haven't found a protein powder that I like, but I make oatmeal in the morning and add 2 TBS powdered peanut butter (PBFit or PB2) which adds 8 grams protein, and 2 TBSP ground flax meal for an additional 3 grams of protein. If you make it with 1 cup skim milk, you get 8 more grams of protein.

Or, have a cup of plain Greek yogurt and fruit, sweetened the way you like it. It has as much protein as a smaller portion of cottage cheese, but very little salt - if that's an issue for you.

1 cup of Fage plain fat-free Greek yogurt has 23 grams of protein, 120 calories, 85 mg sodium.

1 cup of fat free cottage cheese has 22 grams of protein, 149 calories, 1,586 mg sodium.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Microwaved leftover sirloin...with ketchup. Then grab an orange or banana on the way out the door.

Or if I'm cooking breakfast, one pat of butter in a pan and make french toast with like half a container (15 servings total in container) of egg whites/beaters with the bread (4 slices), and then sautee some blueberries making sure to smash them in the pan just before adding them to the top of the french toast.

Otherwise i just eat the french toast plain as is and then down it with a pound of a strawberries. For some reason the plain french toast really opens up my palate for sweets.