Is the forum worth it?

Options
Ok so, I've never really done a forum before, but does using this actually help? I've been looking for motivation. Also, any tips on staying motivated? Thanks! :)

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It's mostly for joking around and arguing. But once in a while it can be helpful :)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    You can get good information here. But most of the time you can get better information from Google. I've met some really good people in the forums and I'm glad to have them as friends here, but lately the forums don't really seem all that worth it.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    It's mostly for joking around and arguing. But once in a while it can be helpful :)

It's also good for the occasional misunderstanding :P
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It IS worth it! Just look at the success stories section.

Most of us couldn't do it alone.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

It's also good for the occasional misunderstanding :P

what the hell do you mean by that?
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Just dont lose ur mind and go on the HCG diet, post it on here and demand our support. Avoid that faux pas and u will be fine :D
  • kronos288
    Options
    I became active on here literally less than a half hour ago, and already I've seen a crazy amount of people join in to support one another. Feel free to add me since it's my first day here too more or less!
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I think its good for when you have a specific question that you can't find the answer to online anywhere. Of course you'll get a myriad of opinions, but it can get you on the right track.
  • Musicgrl4life
    Options
    i think it's worth it. The success stories help so much when you are feeling low on motivation!
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Keep a light heart about it, because people can be really passionate and short sighted when given enough anonymity. Also, there's a lot of good links and articles posted frequently. Have fun and joke around too!
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Just remember that everyone is a self-proclaimed expert in the field of Forumology, and you should be fine.

I would say, "Take everything people tell you with a grain of salt," but then you're sodium levels would be through the roof.

Just remember that people here want to help in there own way, but no one plan or answer is right for everyone, and in the end the most simple explanation is usually the right one, and everything takes time.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Just dont lose ur mind and go on the HCG diet, post it on here and demand our support. Avoid that faux pas and u will be fine :D

:laugh: Love this!

I personally think some of the forums are well worth the effort. You can find some really good challenges and success stories to help keep you motivated, and it's a great way to "meet" people with common interests and goals. A lot of people make it too dramatic and get their panties all in a wad over stupid crap, but I just avoid those threads. Feel free to add me if you need a friend! :smile:
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Motivation: do what my friend did, she kept a picture of an insanely obese woman in her wallet next to her credit card.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    i think so! it's great to have people to chat with, and i can get most of my diet ranting out here, so my friend's don't get the brunt of it :P
  • neil3125
    neil3125 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i like these forums because everyone on here is as obsessed with their diet and exercise as i am.

and also, i'm getting ready to start this HCG thing. . . who's in?!?
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I think it's worth it...For motivation and occasional humor...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Motivation: do what my friend did, she kept a picture of an insanely obese woman in her wallet next to her credit card.

This is a good idea ^-^ I might have to put a picture of one of my fav athletes :]
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I love the forum! People post recipes, success stories, ask for advice. It's pretty cool :)
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I think it's great. Remember, an opinion is just that, an opinion. Try what you want, and keep doing what works. It is sometimes surprising the replies you get, but usually there is so much info good/bad that you can pick and choose. Like it was previously said, take it all with a grain of salt and you'll do great!!! There is tons of support here. In the long run, we are all working towards the same goal - getting healthy. :happy:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    It IS worth it! Just look at the success stories section.

Most of us couldn't do it alone.
    Absolutely, many things can be learned on here, stick to the positive threads and the inspirational and you'll find all sorts of wonderful friends to journey with. The site is simply going through some changes at the moment and some are still adjusting it seems.

The forums really can make or break your path toward health. It's good to laugh, find awesome friends that you have things in common with and most definitely keep your eye on the Inspirational and Success threads for the Before/During/After photos & stories.

You'll love it here! If anything bugs you or is not your type of thread there's many others that you'll find that will be:wink::drinker:

Welcome to the Forums:flowerforyou: