Anyone open to a weight loss buddy? 70lb+ to lose 28F

Options
daphultra
daphultra Posts: 1 Member
I'll keep this short and sweet. Looking for a daily texting weight loss buddy. Ideally, someone who is interested in being accountable to each other through text on what we eat throughout the day.

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hi @daphultra welcome to MFP!

Can I just suggest to you to exercise extreme caution before giving your phone number out?

Ladies here can have a problem with male users who friend them via the app, and then try to strike up conversations and get them to go off the app via email, text, social media.

They aren’t legit and are trying to get into your wallet. There is an incredible documentary on Discovery about romance scammers that literally took a year or more to cultivate relationships before going in for the big score. It isn’t necessarily a quick thing.

Besides which, there’s some creepy *kitten* people out there interested in more than your wallet.

If you’re insistent on doing this, friend me and send me a PM and I can at least tell you some of the signs to look for here on MFP.

You’d be much better off joining one of the challenges here, investing some time on the boards, or creating a friends list of (legit) people with similar weight loss goals, or those experienced users here whom you trust.

@Dianedoessmiles1 can you direct her to your challenge?
  • Sapphiretransformed
    Sapphiretransformed Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey I agree with springer... you can talk through here instead. I also want to lost about 50-60 lbs. Check out my profile. I've been on here for years. Add me