Drinks are the death of me...

Options
So I can eat well. I have no problem avoiding fried foods and the dessert tray. The place where I slip up the most is with drinks (empty calories.) I found a new drink called Bai (and if you're interested in a really tasty treat I recommend looking it up. The low fat version is 10 Calories a bottle [~80 Calories regular]). Its a new company however and their products aren't really readily available. I was wondering what other drinks people had to quench their thirst? I love diet soft drinks but they aren't super great for you. I can drink water, but it's just not satisfying. I need something that is good for that sweet tooth.

Replies

• rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    water!! And vitamin water zero.... Both zero calories!!! woot!!

Also, add lemon or lime to water.. eventually, it will be hard to drink even diet drinks as you get your body off them.
  • KitCatMcG
    KitCatMcG Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I add lemon or lime to cold water as well. I am slowly kicking the soft drink habit.
    :drinker:
  • Pinnagerjaggin
    Options
    How are you going about kicking the habit? I can go almost a week without drinking a soda but other days I pound back 4 in a day (ugh, it sounds so bad writing it down...) I just have trouble getting over that hump. Did you wean yourself off?
  • jtsmith34
    jtsmith34 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love vitamin water zero! I drink about 2 day along with regular water. They come in several different flavors including one with caffeine. I love them!
  • annoz
    annoz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I was thinking this was about alcohol, because that's the death to my weight loss.
  • Missmaggieann
    Missmaggieann Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I make Iced tea from flavored brewed teas, I really like them and its a break from water without adding calories.
  • ScoutMomAng
    Options
    I cut the soda/pop out by drinking water and adding the Wal~Mart version of the Crystal light. It's only 5 calories per tube for a 16.9 oz bottle of water. I buy the bigger packets so I can make 2 quarts at a time and use regular tap water instead of bottled water. My kids drink it too instead of Kool-Aid! Wal~Mart has flavors like, cherry limeade, pink lemonade, lime margarita :), and so many others. I have about one coke zero per week. However, to get that caffeine I'm missing I drink coffee with Splenda.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This sounds dumb, but when I bought a camel bak water bottle with the bite-valve I literally drink 3-4L of water per day and I used to not be able to drink 1 full liter (1 liter is about 4 cups). I fill the water bottle, put it in the fridge or add ice, and whew the whole thing is gone.

I don't know if it's the bite-valve that makes it so EASY to drink a lot of water, but this water bottle made the biggest difference. I used to drink cold water out of a nalgene and it just wasn't the same.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I was thinking this was about alcohol, because that's the death to my weight loss.
    Me 2!!!!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I drink water, green tea, mint tea, way too much coffee and a diet coke each day. Green tea is great gets rid of cravings I find.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    zero calorie lifewater, vitamin water, and iced tea with stevia- i try to limit these to one every few days, however, as i don't want to be reliant on sweet drinks >_< but i'm much more interested in texture than flavor, and have always been much more likely to reach for a cookie than a soda :P