60 days no sugar

Options
maggybd
maggybd Posts: 50 Member
I realized that today is 60 days since I have had sugar. It didn't start as a plan to give up sugar but it is what it ended up being. I feel much better.
I do still put monk fruit in my coffee and there are a couple of other things I eat that have monk fruit or stevia. I should probably eventually give those up.Anyway, if you are thinking of giving up sugar, go for it!

Replies

• kaylanlynnNW
    kaylanlynnNW Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    How does it make you feel..not tired?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    So no fruit?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,863 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    So no fruit?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

And no dairy? And very limited veggies: No sweet potatoes, beets, onions, green peas, sweet corn, pumpkin, Winter squash, carrots, tomatoes?

No added sugar maybe. No sugar (period) is possible, but not a thing I'd remotely consider signing up for. Too many nutrient-dense tasty foods contain sugar.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Carbs are sugars, so no carbs, probably not. I suspect given the monk fruit reference the OP is talking about added sugars, but that's just a guess and could very well be consuming a carnivore diet, with added monk fruit. :)
  • maggybd
    maggybd Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I did mean no added sugar. I am at about 20 g of total sugar from non starchy vegetables of which I eat a lot. I don't eat starchy vegetables.
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Oh; yeah. Years ago my mom gave me her copy of the sugarbusters diet book and I actually followed it for about three months. No white sugar, white rice, white bread, etc.; it’s based on glycemic index or something. Anyway, I felt amazing! Had so much energy, felt tired at normal times (I’m typically a night owl), lost my craving for sweets, started craving leafy greens. It wasn’t really sustainable, but I did feel great. Maybe it’s time to revisit some of that.
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I have been working on greatly reducing added sugar. I have found that in the past if I totally eliminate a food from my diet I always crash and burn. Seems like if I slip up then I just totally give up. Doesn’t make sense but that’s how it works for me. I have found that the less (added) sugar I eat the less I crave it. I had heard people say that before and never thought it was possible for me. But I am happy to say it is. I started this to improve my metabolic health. It has been a good thing and I think (hope) that since I am adjusting the way I cook/eat and not on a “diet” that this will help me maintain when I finally reach my goal. I have a long history of yo-yo-ing. This feels like something that I can keep going. A lifetime change.