Hoping to find some fitness friends

Options
Hello, this isn’t my first time using this app but it is my first time truly being committed to growth and change. I just signed up for a 5km run in October and am 6 weeks into training. It can been a lot of adjusting and although I’ve been putting in a ton of effort I’m not seeing the results I want so I’m back on here to hold myself accountable to my food and really try to get to my goals.

I’m also a single mom of two boys and a business owner in a helping field and would love to find other mom friends who understand the challenges of raising kids and working while trying to take care of themselves. Would also love to find some fitness friends who can help give me some pointers if I’m doing something that is obviously hindering my progress.

Would love to build a small accountability and motivational community ❤️

Please add me if this sounds good to you!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Track your food accurately first and foremost.

I was a stay at home dad and working part time till my daughter graduated last year. I understand the whole deal of cooking, cleaning, laundry, bills, grocery shopping, etc. as well as taking care of yourself.

You HAVE to have at least one hour a day to yourself. If it means getting up earlier while others are asleep, then that's what you do. There is ALWAYS time for 1 hour a day for yourself.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jkpruns
    jkpruns Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also a runner, so I sent you a friend request. :)
  • CyndyLeeForFreedom
    CyndyLeeForFreedom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. Let's do this 😁