Stronglifts app alternative?

Options
I trialled the Stronglifts app. I liked it a lot and would have happily paid for it. Unfortunately, $40/year is honestly too steep for me.

Anyone know of a good alternative?

One feature I liked was that it wrote my workout to my Apple Health/Fitness app. I often don’t make my Move goal on lift days (no Watch), it’s nice to get the credit for it.

Replies

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the app does, but me, I just use a spreadsheet I made in Google Sheets to track my workouts, tracking my sets, weight and reps. It's free :smile: Then I manually enter the workout time in MFP for Strength Training.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    You could give Jefit a go. I have used it for tracking my lifts and quite liked it but haven’t used it for a while and never tried linking it to anything.

https://jefit.knoji.com/questions/jefit-apple-health-app-compatibility/

Cheers, h.
    Added cos I went to find a link.
    I have only used the free version and it handled the AllPro programme fine.

Here’s the link https://www.jefit.com
  • BriansTrident
    BriansTrident Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I would suggest fitbod or hevy
  • herringboxes
    herringboxes Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, will check those out.

Currently use Google Sheets, there’s just nothing like a spreadsheet. But I did enjoy some things about the app, it was easy to keep track of sets as I went, there was a timer for rests between sets, and as I mentioned, I got the credit for the workout on my Move ring. MFP doesn’t seem to do that.
  • tiffany081889
    tiffany081889 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you found something you like. I recently started using the Boostcamp app. I’ve been following it with Strong Curves. I used to keep workouts just in my notes tab, but this lays out the workouts and allows me to track weights and sets easier. They also have videos of each exercise if there’s one I’m unsure of.
  • slade51
    slade51 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I’ve been using RYSE (ryseapp.io in App Store) to track my workouts. It also has a weight and meal logger like MFP. I like the community and support from others on this app.
    It doesn’t yet log to Apple health, but I just start ‘strength training’ on my Apple Watch to record it.

Another free app that I’ve tried is Caliber, I found that harder to set up a workout ahead of time. The app is free, but they push their paid online coaching.

Both have the option of creating your own workout or using one of their pre-made programs. Also both have great response from the developers if you have a problem or question.
  • herringboxes
    herringboxes Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I’ve been giving stuff a try and will check those out!