Work out Twice

Options
I'd like to start working out twice a day.. probably once in the morning and once in the evening. My concern is with showering, in my mind showering is a hassle i dont like to do it, but i dont want to be stinky either.. any suggestions on how to not have to shower after each work out?

ps i plan to do jm 30ds in the morning, and go to the gym with my friend for cardio and strength training after work

Replies

• Jamazurunner
    Options
    Now this is one of THE TOUGHEST questions I've seen on here! I'm serious!

I absolutely love working out twice a day- so a big congrats to you for planning to follow this amazing goal. I used to see showering as a hassle when I first started working out multiple times a day. Granted, I was in college at the time and had a few other things on my mind. I didn't um... shower as much as I should have (don't judge me)! I think it sort of depends on said level of stinkiness (does that exist?) and your comfort level.

Is there some kind of spray or deodorant that you can wear afterwards? If that doesn't help, I suggest a quick 2-4 minute jump in the shower. I think it would be good for you to shower after each workout- but make it a "quickie." When I first started working out twice a day I didn't shower at all, and it was dreadful. My hair and skin were not happy, and sometimes I often didn't feel "awake" enough to concentrate throughout the day. Some days are better than others, and it sounds like you will be doing some different kinds of exercises on different days.

I think that plan of yours sounds terrific! Very well balanced and I think it will get you some fantastic results.

Hope my ramblings help a little! This is totally your call!
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Wet wipes or similiar to these. I used to walk to work and had no shower so had a wet wipe shower, then use spray on deordorant, didn't get to stinky or sweaty. Works pretty good, fairly easy and you feel fresher.
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm a twice a day girl too. I use wet wipes, deodorant and baby powder in the roots of my hair to soak up any residue from sweating. It hasn't been an issue yet! Good luck!