Motivation

Options
I had none, lost it all but I don't want to give up I have began again. Here to support and looking for support. We can.

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I think wanting motivation equates to "wanting weight loss to be easy." It's not. It can be habitual, but it still takes effort, at least for me. Something will happen, a bad photo or a doctor report, that will make you ready to put in the effort. Or maybe just look at yourself in the mirror, then read the success threads, and decide to do the hard work. Or if looks don't matter so much, try to walk around a festival or something. Try on a bathing suit. If you can't, then think about being willing to change your body.

Then expect to have some trial and error before you find your path. You have to find the diet and exercise plan that fits you in your body with your lifestyle. Manage your expectations, and keep trying. Athletes gets injured, but they find the right brace and work arounds and keep going. Setbacks are part of the journey.

Good luck,
    Annie
  • MrsDogLady
    MrsDogLady Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with my weight most of my adult life. I realize now that food is fuel and I am an engine that wants to run well. Dieting is such an awful word, it makes one immediately feel tied down and deprived. Motivation only gives a push, maybe it's a good push and a good place to start. Fueling your engine is a life long endeavor, it has no ending, it's forever. To say "you are dieting", gives this false impression that eventually you can stop dieting but that is not true. You can choose to have an engine that runs well, or one that will require major maintenance later on, or worse, will seize up and stop running completely. It's actually your choice. Good luck on your journey!