7 days water met
    Did a total of 500 crunches
    Did 2 5k's this week

Current weight 158.8
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 5 you are the PYGMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
    necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - Walk, run, jog a 5k (3.1 Miles) 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 40 Toe Touches, 5 burpees
    Day 2 – 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers Day 3 - Walk, run, jog a 5k (3.1 Miles) 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 40 Toe Touches, 5 burpees
    Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers Day 5 - Walk, run, jog a 5k (3.1 Miles) 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 40 Toe Touches, 5 burpees

Rest the weekend!

We start with new challenges on October 3rd!

Same Team Challenge as last week! RAISE THOSE SPEARS! Pygmies you are doing it! Go Team Go!
  • MySonsRMarines
    MySonsRMarines Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    OK, I am so excited that each week I'm losing inches and weight! WOOOOOO HOOOOOO! It has been sooo long since I've seen progress like this!

All exercise and challenges met for week 4.

Lost 2 pounds this week.
    Current weight: 162

Only 32 pounds to go! Ye-haw!

I'm headed out the door for a walk/job! But first, my challenges. . . burpees??? really??? who thinks up these things? LOL

Hope everyone is feeling better and can go out of this challenge with a BANG!
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 5 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week FIVE Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 5 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump), 50 Squat Kicks, 10 High Plank to Low Plank

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump), 50 Squat Kicks, 10 High Plank to Low Plank

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump), 50 Squat Kicks, 10 High Plank to Low Plank

REST THE WEEKEND!

We are getting started with the next Challenge Series on October 3rd!
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who reported in. I will pass on the results.
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Happy Monday! I am sorry that I am so late on reporting in for the week. I was under on calories, over on water, did 5-5K's but was not able to complete the daily challenges. My current weight is 138lbs. I am really trying to focus more on toning/muscle building now that I am approaching my goal. I was pleased with my body fat percentage going down this week. I will continue to do the best I can on the last week of this challenge, but it is my vacation(leave) week so....:wink: Everyone is doing amazing & I will continue to be with you all in spirit. Have a wonderful week all.
  • spurradic
    spurradic Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    hey hey everyone :) im not doing any workout today after the day i had yesterday :) but will pick up tomorrow again! under calories and over water for the day though, even without the workout (major success for me)

is anyone doing the october challenge next month? not sure if i want to or not, but figured id find out if anyone else was so see if there was a chance of developing a team :)
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    I am a bit disappointed by the lack of follow through with some of the team activities. My plan was to shadow an October challenge (do the exercises, goal listed), but no formally join a team. I may change my mind if the right invitation comes along. I do feel when on a team that I have to succeed each day; so in a way, that is a great motivator.
  • zukekitty
    Options
    I love your Daria theme mkaluzny!

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Looks like I'm not the only one who has been stuck on the sidelines. Everyone else is looking good!

It's hard to stay under calories without burning many. Gained 3 lbs, then lost 1. Going to try some yoga today to start back slowly. Will try to shadow what I can in October. Hoping to get back in fully in November.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Dawn, I'm am so glad someone recognizes Daria. She is my muse of sarcasm. I have all her DVDs.
    I know it's hard to keep going when you don't feel well. I only have a cold, but am craving salt. I already logged the potato chips that I plan to eat.

Oh well, food exercise and water challenges met today.
  • spurradic
    Options
    i love daria as well! :)

i got day 1 and day 2 of the bushmen challenges in yesterday, was under calories and over water.

hope everyone has a great day!
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    calorie, exercise, and water challenges met for Wednesday.
  • spurradic
    Options
    i guess we've lost a bunch of our teammates huh? :(

i did pigmy challenge for day 3 and bushmen challenge for day 4 yesterday since ill be playing wallyball today at lunch and have a commitment after work that will get in the way of exercising this eve :) was under calories and over water yesterday was well.

hope everyone is having a great day!
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    I am fantasizing that our missing teammates reached their weight goals and are living happily in the Land of Maintenance. Reality, a month is a long time to commit to working out and recording all you eat and do.

Thursday, calorie, exercise, and water goals met. I had to do a bit extra on the treadmill to make up for the second piece of pie today.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    I have decided to do an individually driven challenge for October. They exercises and challenges are given, but each person is responsible to himself. I have included the link below if anyone is interested.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/356065-oct-challenge-week-1-open?page=1#posts-4819454
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have been continuing with daily workout challenges, adapting some of them to my schedule and ability.
    I have been struggling with food this month because with the increased time spent on working out (1.5-2 hours per day)I have been very hungry. I need to make better choices.
    I have been part of two group challenges this month and that was probably too much.
    I wish everyone success on their weight loss journey and I will see you in the funny pages :love: :laugh: :laugh: :blushing:
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    calorie, water and exercises challenges met.

Thank you all for completing this September Tribal Challenge. I will report all the numbers after they are in. It seems that most of us had additional personal and health challenges to deal with as well. I applaud you for continuing.

Also, I encourage you to keep exercising, watching your food choices, and completing your diary each day. More importantly, I encourage you to keep in touch with the friends you have made throughout this journey. Your support to them and their support of you are vital components to all our successes on MFP.

Again thank you. Good luck!
  • MySonsRMarines
    MySonsRMarines Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry I was so terrible at reporting each day. . . I don't know why it was so hard to remember.

Anywho...... I completed week 5 ~ under calories, over water and six 5K's done. I did not do challenges this week. No reason, just didn't.

I have lost 10 pounds during this challenge! AH-MAY-ZING for me! Thanks for all your motivation ~ it really helped.

Be blessed and keep up the good work everyone!