Gummy multivitamin

Options
I am starting a new all natural mulitvitamin tomorrow morning- the gummy kind. It says to take 2, preferably with a meal. Does anyone take a gummy mulitivitamin, and if so do you take it before you eat a meal or after? Or does it not make a difference?

Replies

• Melinda91
    Melinda91 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I take the VitaFusion Multivitamin Gummies!! I love them!! I take 2 after breakfast.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I take mine in the morning when I get up. Sometimes it's with breakfast, sometimes not. I don't notice a difference either way.
  • leemarie324
    leemarie324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i usually take mine in the morning before i head to work, and i take the gummy ones too
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    i used to! i usually took it before, but i really just took it whenever i remembered, and i never noticed a difference :) i think that some vitamins get absorbed better when taken with food, but i'm not sure.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I take the generic Vitafusion. Very tasty. I usually take one in the morning and one in the evening. Generally around the time I eat. Some vitamins have bothered me if I take them on an empty stomach, but I haven't noticed it with these. I think Dr. Oz recommends cutting your vitamins in half and taking one in a.m. and one in p.m., so I thought i'd take my gummies at different times of day.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I dont take multivitamins anymore, but I used to take a gummy one and I would just take two in the morning with breakfast. They definitely help if you get nauseated from taking multivitamins, after i switched to the gummies, i didnt feel sick after taking my vitamins anymore.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    No, but I do tale Flintstones every morning as soon as I wake up with a glass of milk.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I used to take vitafusion gummies, I moved to GNC horse pills lol.. The gummies taste a lot better and are easier to take!
  • splackk
    splackk Posts: 163
    Options
    I used to take gummy multis until I ran out :cry: Now I'm finishing up some viactiv chocolate multi chews which are awesome too!

Just a note for those taking their multis on an empty stomach- it's probably better if you wait until you're ready to eat to take them. Multis are generally fat soluble, taking them on an empty stomach means you're not getting as much benefit as they can't be absorbed properly. Make sure you have at least a light meal with at least a bit of fat in it when you take them, there's no point taking a multi each day if you're not getting the full benefits!
  • vsharkey
    vsharkey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I take them shortly before I eat breakfast, along with my fiber supplement. I love my gummy multivitamins, but will probably switch to chewables when the bottle I have runs out, as I need something with more iron. Regular multivitamins upset my stomach something terrible--if I don't eat when I take them or immediately afterwards, I get sick.
  • Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters what time you take them in the day just that you're taking them everyday. I have mine in the afternoons. The gummie ones are great!