Options
Hi, my name is Debbie. I am very overweight and overwhelmed with thinking how am I going to lose all this weight. Hopefully y’all have some good advice.

Replies

• mpryor12
    mpryor12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie! My name is Mary and I am also new here and am very overweight. I am considered morbidly obese by medical standards and to reach my goal weight have about 140 pounds to lose. I have a very long road ahead of me but try to take it one day at a time. I lost a considerable amount of weight a number of years ago. I keep a picture of me at that weight on my fridge. When I am tempted I look at to help me stay on track. I wish you good luck on your weight loss journey. I haven't figured out how to get friends on here yet, but would love to be friends and supports for each other if I ever figure it out. :)
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Maybe break it down into smaller goals. Like 5 pounds or 10 pounds. I like to reward myself along the way.. it may seem like a daunting task to lose alllll the weight but honestly time is gonna go by anyway, so you might as well make the choice to be healthier everyday. Everyday I wake up and ask myself what am I going to do today that benefits my long term health…? Some days it’s just drink more water and other days it’s many things.. the point is I take it one day at a time…