HELP! I'm a QUITTER! :-(

Options
I REALLY want to lose this weight. REALLY- I do!
But it seems like every time things get hard- I QUIT!

Recently me, my boyfriend, and our two children have had to move in with family. No more cooking the way I want to. Buying what I want to, etc. We're staying with my BF's gma and she is very picky and will push me out of the kitchen because I'm "not cooking it right". I hate when I get booted out of the kitchen because then I don't know REALLY what I am eating. So it makes me not even want to attempt to log it- which makes me think "why bother with MFP!?"

I don't want her to think I'm being ungrateful or that I don't like her cooking, and her rule is "eat what is cooked or go hungry". It feels useless!

anyways- My name is Cassi and this is attempt # 1,000,000,000,000! Hopefully I can figure it out this time.

Replies

• TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one! I guess you might have to stick to portion control until you can prepare your own foods. Welcome back! I think you can do it this time!
  • INeedSerenity
    Options
    Maybe let her know that you appreciate her cooking very much but you want to be a healthy individual adult and on X days you need to either cook for the family or prepare your own meals to keep focus of your health goals. Maybe you could sit down with her one-on-one and let her know your concerns. Being vulnerable and honest sometimes does the trick.

Who knows maybe she will have some pointers for you. If she gives you a snarly attitude use it in a positive manner and use it as a challenge to take control.

You are an adult and you especially should have a say in what goes into your own, and your families body.

Good luck this time around. I too have quite a few times but have decided that using this community/forum might be the trick to success.

Keep us posted.
  • brianblinn
    brianblinn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Have you sat down with her & explained you are trying to eat healthier? Maybe she just doesn't know.
  • kronos288
    Options
    Maybe let her know that you appreciate her cooking very much but you want to be a healthy individual adult and on X days you need to either cook for the family or prepare your own meals to keep focus of your health goals. Maybe you could sit down with her one-on-one and let her know your concerns. Being vulnerable and honest sometimes does the trick.

Who knows maybe she will have some pointers for you. If she gives you a snarly attitude use it in a positive manner and use it as a challenge to take control.

You are an adult and you especially should have a say in what goes into your own, and your families body.

Good luck this time around. I too have quite a few times but have decided that using this community/forum might be the trick to success.

Keep us posted.

I'd definitely have to agree with this one. My family has always been a huge obstacle for me when I've tried to adopt a healthy lifestyle...until I put my foot down! You have the right to control exactly what goes in your body!
  • Chelsea_Marinos
    Chelsea_Marinos Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am a quitter too... this is my second time trying so lets not be quitters together! You can do it! Just watch how much you eat and exercise more.. maybe ask her if you can take turns cooking.. But I have faith in you! you CAN do it! and so can I lol
  • akmayo
    Options
    Remember, you can eat whatever you want, really, whatever you want. You just must keep track of the calories and adjust. You CAN do it. So, do it.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I think I'm on the same number attempt as you. But you can make it work. You can estimate the meals she makes and maybe limit it to one meal that she cooks and you take care of the other two.

You can do this. Don't give up. If you worry about the meals, up the exercise. If I can do it ANYONE can do it!!!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I think I'm on the same number attempt as you. But you can make it work. You can estimate the meals she makes and maybe limit it to one meal that she cooks and you take care of the other two.

You can do this. Don't give up. If you worry about the meals, up the exercise. If I can do it ANYONE can do it!!!