What would go good with black bean soup??

Options
My sons are so picky and will not eat black bean soup and I really want to make it tomorrow, so I was thinking of making a sandwich to go with the soup...Any ideas of a healthy sandwich/kid friendly that would go well with my soup?? Please and thank you for any ideas :)

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese.
  • shanmont
    shanmont Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    a toasted piece of pita bread (whole grain)
  • shanmont
    shanmont Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    a toasted piece of pita bread (whole grain)
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I usually make quesadillas or jalapeno cornbread...cant say its a healthy option but those are my options with my soup.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    bread? lol
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    chorizo and manchego panini
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    make grilled cheeses but instead of bread use whole wheat tortilla halves.....so essentially cheese quesadillas. lol
    give them some sour cream to dip them in and maybe they'll even try dipping them in the soup....
  • ToeTapN
    ToeTapN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    quesadillas are good but some children like the soup better pureed. Do you top the soup off with cheese or sour cream? Good luck!
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    Quesadillas sound delicious!!
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    My kids hate soup...I probably won't even offer it to them..Little stinkers :)
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    make grilled cheeses but instead of bread use whole wheat tortilla halves.....so essentially cheese quesadillas. lol
    give them some sour cream to dip them in and maybe they'll even try dipping them in the soup....
    You look amazing in your pic! Way to go!!
  • phlumpet
    phlumpet Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    rice and some type of healthy chip (pita maybe) with guacamole. Or bread that they can dip into the soup (but they can do this with the chips).
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    chorizo and manchego panini

I love chorizo...yummmm