Macros

Options
Verano04
Verano04 Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
I would like to know what the suggested macros are to lose weight for a female. I would like to lose about 20 pounds total, one pound per week ideally.

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, macros don't matter. They matter more for satiation. Start with the percentages MFP automatically gives you, and tweak it from there if you want more protein, less carbs, etc. I do better eating more protein so I have a higher percentage of that, and lower carbs. But some are satisfied by more carbs less protein.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    See above. You could also just lig for a week what you always eat to see what your macros look like, and go from there. Feeling too hungry but you were fine after the higher protein/fat/carb lunch? Make small changes overall towards that and see how you feel.

Also, you don’t mention your current stats but keep an open mind about how much you can lose per week. If you’re not too heavy to start with then 1lbs might be too much for you. If mfp gives you 1200 calories then the chosen goal is too big as mfp never goes below for women. And even that number would make many feel miserable and not get enough nutrition. Also, eat back a part of exercise calories. It’s a reward for working out. And to keep nutrition high enough.