I've always wanted to lead a group!

Options
Well, as I predicted ... when I started school back this semester I got a little off track. It was preventable and part of me believes I did it just because I knew it was an easy thing that COULD happen so i just went with it. I guess I just started eating crazy stuff and excusing myself from exercise on the weekends while eating the crazy stuff.

This summer I was sooo focused, because it's all I had to do. It was nice. I am going to a military ball with my boyfriend in FOUR weeks exactly and I was wanting to be under 130 pounds. That is not going to happen, but I'm okay with that. My goal is to at least weigh 131 though. I'm afraid to weigh myself but last time I checked I was 134, so it wont be impossible. I also want to be tan - but that's besides the point.

So I was part of a group over the summer where we were set out to lose 10 pounds by a certain date. I did pretty good. I thought it would be fun to be the group leader though (and it may make me work harder!) Every week we would weigh in and have daily challenges.

I really just want a support system of people that perhaps want to lose 4 pounds in the next four weeks as well? I would write down your names and keep up with everyone's weight every week! and perhaps do it until the end of October. Maybe some motivation to look/feel good if you're going out for Halloween!!!

So who wants to be part of my group!?! I will definitely be here for motivation and support and perhaps send out daily challenges (not everyday, but you know!)

Weigh in days would be:
Tomorrow morning (Sept. 26) -
Monday Oct. 3rd -
Monday Oct. 10th -
Monday Oct. 17th -
Monday Oct. 24th -
Monday Oct. 31st -

and I will send out messages as reminders. at least if there's not a million people

Replies

• lshinault320
    Options
    I'm on a complete other level with about 65 lbs to lose, so your group would not fit me. But the point of my reply is that I am married to a soldier and have been to both balls and dining ins. I just wanted to see if you had any questions about protocol for the dates cuz I know no one really talks to the girlfriends about that kind of thing.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be one of your "followers"......plus I'd love to lose 4 pounds by my birthday!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I am in, I am Katy and have bee slightly stuck recently, so need the boost.
    I dont weigh in until tues and dont have scales i the house, so start weight is of today 138lb or I can do it tues?
  • kbizzleoo
    Options
    I'm on a complete other level with about 65 lbs to lose, so your group would not fit me. But the point of my reply is that I am married to a soldier and have been to both balls and dining ins. I just wanted to see if you had any questions about protocol for the dates cuz I know no one really talks to the girlfriends about that kind of thing.

Oh thank you so much! well my boyfriend isn't in the military - its actually his brother and brother's wife (his brother is "taking me" and his wife and "taking my boyfriend) so I plan on asking his sister-in-law a bunch of questions! I'm so excited!
  • kbizzleoo
    Options
    I am in, I am Katy and have bee slightly stuck recently, so need the boost.
    I dont weigh in until tues and dont have scales i the house, so start weight is of today 138lb or I can do it tues?

Tuesday is totally fine! I will add you as a friend
  • timeforme23
    Options
    Im in. Sent you a message but figured id post in case anyone else wanted to add me :-)
  • kronos288
    Options
    If dudes are allowed, also count me in since my progress has slowed and I definitely need to give it an extra push! Add me as well!
  • sarham101
    Options
    i am so willing to do this!!! add me please!!!
  • caripta85
    caripta85 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i would be interested! Doing 30 day shred and my scale is not moving :( could use a boost as well!!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD KRISTIN PLEASE MEEEE. all these groups are like "lose 20 by Christmas!" I'm like I DONT HAVE THAT MUCH TO LOSE! this is a perfect challenge! and we can actually run together since I have to go to the rac now ...yayyyy
  • kbizzleoo
    Options
    Dudes are allowed! I'll add you!

and omgomg Carrie you are soo funny. It's almost like you think i would deny you into the group. BUT OMG YES LETS RUN TOGETHER PLEASE
    any day except tomorrow because I have a crazy day planned
  • JoanWill
    Options
    Count me in Kristine.
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    If you are still taking people, I would love to join! I was losing pretty steadily, but have been struggling lately as I get closer to my goal.
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for adding me! I would also love to lose about ~4lbs in the next 4 weeks, so I can finally make it to the 120s. I'm getting so close to my goal! I haven't been this small since I was probably 10 years old:) My starting weight was 133.4 lbs