Old Pants

Options
elvb
elvb Posts: 423 Member
I was doing laundry today and, at the bottom of a basket full of clothes that are eventually going to Goodwill, I found a pair of my size 18 jeans. Pretty sure they'd been sitting in that basket for about a year. I last wore them around the time I started on MFP.
Anyway, I was holding them up against me, in complete awe. I asked my daughter (she's 12), "should I try them on?" She said, "YEA!!" So I put them on....right over my shorts I was already wearing. This is what it looked like (sorry for the blur - my phone sucks):
0925111830_0001.jpg

I am in a size 6 right now...maybe even slightly smaller, depending on the pants I wear. I've come a long way. :smile:

I'm hoping to find some good pictures of myself from over a year ago (I was always behind the camera, like most of us, amiright?) and also take some good "after" pictures to post here soon.

This website has done wonders for me.
Thanks for reading. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jewel6018
    jewel6018 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wow you have lost a lot of weight. Great Job!!! Be Proud.
  • supermom4abcd
    supermom4abcd Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! (Being behind the camera all the time is sooo true.) What motivation for us and a wonderful example for your daughter. Congrats! Go MFP!
  • tcdawley78
    tcdawley78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    great job!! i have a pair of my old pants that i actually keep for the days i feel down and frustrated, to remind me of how far i've come... :-D
  • elvb
    Options
    Wow you have lost a lot of weight. Great Job!!! Be Proud.

I am! :happy: Thanks!
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    thats awesome..great work:drinker:
  • 1myfit
    Options
    Wow....that is awesome!
  • elvb
    Options
    That is fantastic! (Being behind the camera all the time is sooo true.) What motivation for us and a wonderful example for your daughter. Congrats! Go MFP!

I really hope I do motivate others. This website WORKS...it absolutely does!
    All of my kids are very proud of me, and my daughter loves that she can hug me with her arms going all the way around me. She HATES that I "borrow" her shirts. haha
  • elvb
    Options
    great job!! i have a pair of my old pants that i actually keep for the days i feel down and frustrated, to remind me of how far i've come... :-D
    I may have to do the same thing! Great idea!!
  • queen_bea
    Options
    WOWEE!!!! Now you can invite people to a party in your pants.... because there's ROOM! :)
    Awesome work!
  • elvb
    Options
    WOWEE!!!! Now you can invite people to a party in your pants.... because there's ROOM! :)
    Awesome work!

LMAO so true! Thanks!

Thanks to everyone! This helped me rethink my new goals and get back on track. I've lost the weight, now it's time to tone up and get fit!
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! That's fantastic!! :drinker:
  • moefitt
    moefitt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow! You've come a long way...keep going ...
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    GREAT job....yea your daughter may fit in those with you lol
  • elvb
    Options
    WTG!!! That's fantastic!! :drinker:
    Thank you!
    Wow! You've come a long way...keep going ...
    Thanks! I will!!
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Aww, fabulous honey! You know how proud I am of you!!! :heart:
  • elvb
    Options
    GREAT job....yea your daughter may fit in those with you lol

LOL we may try it! :wink:
    Aww, fabulous honey! You know how proud I am of you!!!
    Thanks Juls!
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    What a great find! You look amazing!
  • elvb
    Options
    What a great find! You look amazing!

Thanks!
  • marzahl68
    Options
    Wow, what a difference!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!