New to MFP

Options
Hello everyone. I'm Asia.
I'm new to MFP! I'm 31, 5'5" and weigh 250lbs. I have a smaller upper body and larger lower body (shaped like a pear or coke bottle) however my weight is in my lower abdomen, upper arms and thighs. I want to lose 50lbs and see how I look at 200lbs and adjust from there. I currently work with a nutritionists who suggested this app and wants me to track calories and macros. I'm new to tracking and macros. I'm looking for an accountability partner and advice on tracking... also, I'm trying the keto diet. Any thoughts on keto?

Thank you.

Replies

• UnbelievableMacadamia304132
    Options
    Hi, Asia. I'm restarting my keto journey and am using this app to track macros and create accountability for myself, too.
  • JimiSellars
    JimiSellars Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Asia
    I wish you well you can do this. It's hard work, I get it.
    Take Care
    Jimi
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Sounds like you’ve got a good plan.👍 I’m more lower carb. Keto was unsustainable for me longterm. I wish you success on your journey. 🤗
  • mrsbunbunbun
    mrsbunbunbun Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You're in the right place! Just commit to logging that journal, and you will be on your way!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,789 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.

I’m lazy. I spent my energy on learning to count and log calories properly As much as I love meat, a restrictive diet and the angst that attended doing it properly would have put the kaibosh on me losing weight early on.

You can always try it out and if you hate it, don’t give up, just switch to good general nutrition.